The Fitting

A carriage with The Grand Duke in it, parked in front of The Tremaine household. A fanfare sounded, joulting the man out of his sleep.

"He's here, he's here, the duke duke." Jaq told Gus as they looked out the window.

"Uh uh who?"

"The Grand Duke. The one with the slipper and the bracelet thingy. Gotta get that key quick."

"Ah yeah. Key, key. Quick, quick." They left as Anastasia walked to the window.

"Oh he's here. The Grand Duke." She rushed to a mirror, fixing herself. "Oh do I look alright? I'm just so excited I don't know what to do."

"Now girls, this is your last chance, don't fail me." Stepmother straightened herself and opened the door. A servant blew the fanfare.

"Presenting His Imperial Grace, The Grand Duke."

"Your honor, our humble home, abode…"

"Yes, yes quite so." The Grand Duke said entering the mansion.

"May I introduce my daughters, Anastasia and Drizella." Both girls curtsied.

"Your Grace." Anastasia said sweetly with a hideous face. The Grand Duke cringed.

"Yes um, charmed I'm sure."

"His Grace will now read the royal proclamation."

The Grand Duke started reading out from a long scroll, at the same time Jaq and Gus tried to get the key from Stepmother's pocket.

"So be it." The Grand Duke finished tiredly and slumped into a chair which the servant slid to him.

"You look tired Your Grace. Can I offer you some tea?" Stepmother asked as she was about to pour the tea into the cup that Gus was in.

"What, tea? Thank you madam. No! We must proceed with the fitting."

"Well of course. Anastasia dear." The slipper was placed on Anastasia's foot and it fit.

"Yes. I knew it was my slipper. Exactly my size. I always wear the same size." But then the servant lifted her foot up to reveal that the slipper only fit into her big toe.

"Well, it may be a little snug today. You know how it is, dancing all night." The servant tried to force the slipper into her foot. "I can't understand why, it always fits perfectly before. I don't think you're half trying."

Jaq and Gus brought the key out of Stepmother's pocket, with Gus' tail tied to the teapot.

"Mother can you…?"

"Quiet my dear, we mustn't disturb His Grace." She pointed to The Grand Duke who was asleep. "Young man. Are you sure you're trying it on the right foot?"

"Ya whooe." Gus yelled as the teapot tipped and spilled hot tea on his rear. He and Jaq slid down from Stepmother's dress to the staircase.

"Oh well, the slipper clearly isn't mine. Why don't I try on the bracelet?"

"Oh yes. Now that will fit." The servant put the bracelet on Anastasia's wrist, but it was too big for it. It kept slipping off again and again and again.

"Come on Gus Gus, hurry. Up the stairs, up the stairs." Jaq told Gus who looked up scared.

"This way, this way." Jaq told Gus as they took the key up the stairs.

"Why can't you hold still?" Anastasia yelled trying to force the bracelet to become smaller and fit into her hand, but then she pushed the servant to the piano, which woke The Grand Duke up.

"Oh my word, enough of this. The next young lady please."

"Did you hear that Gus Gus, did you hear that?" Jaq asked.

"Yup." Gus gulped already sweating.

"Quick, we gotta hurry." They slid under the door that led to the attic. "Shh. Come on, come on we gotta hurry."

Gus looked up to the long line of stairs.

"Duh, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh." He fainted.

"Gus Gus. Get up, get up. Look, just up there, come on."

               ********************

In the twins' room, [Y/n] tried to open the lock with a Bobby pins.

"Ah it's no use." She heard her sister sniffling and went over to hug her.

"Don't worry Cinderella, we'll get out of here somehow."

"Us are coming twinses, us are coming. Us will get you out."

They looked through the peep hole to see Jaq and Gus with the key.

"You got the key." [Y/n] exclaimed happily as Jaq slid under the door.

"How did you ever manage to…" Lucifer dropped and covered Gus with a bowl.

"Lucifer!" [Y/n] exclaimed angrily and the cat snickered.

"Let him go Lucifer. Please let him go." Cinderella pleaded. "Let him go."

"Let him go right now. Lucifer you…" Jaq bit his tail which threw him off his guard and allowed Gus escape, but then the bowl covered him again.

The mice then carried knives and forks running towards Lucifer, but he bobbed them away.

Another set rolled up a candle to him, but he blew it off and snickered.

Then the birds started dropping plates and cups on his head, he jumped in the air and chased them. Gus tried to escape again, but he was caught.

"Bruno." Cinderella said to her sister.

"Yes Bruno." [Y/n] said, then put her mouth to the door hole. "Quick. Get Bruno, get Bruno."

The birds did as they were told flying downstairs to get the dog. But Bruno, being the lazy dog he was, was reluctant to get up.

                  *****************

"Oh of all the stupid little idiots." Drizella used her handkerchief to hit the servant on the head before pushing him away with her foot.

"Get away from me, I'll do it myself, I'll make it fit." She forced her foot into the slipper. "There!"

"It fit!" Stepmother exclaimed happily.

"It fit?" The Grand Duke asked unbelievably. But then the slipper slipped off her foot, flying upwards. The Grand Duke and his servant rushed to catch it, but ended up bumping into each other. The Grand Duke caught the slipper with his finger, then sighed in relief.

"Oh Your Grace, I'm dreadfully sorry. It shan't happen again."

"Precisely Madam." The Grand Duke nodded and his servant nodded with him

                  ******************

The birds helped Bruno up the stairs to the attic. Bruno snarled as he saw Lucifer and he started chasing him around.

The dog chased the cat until he flew out of the window and fell to the ground.

Jaq and the mice pushed the bowl away to reveal Gus hugging the key, eyes closed.

"Gus Gus get up Gus Gus."

"Get up."

"Don't don't don't don't don't." Gus replied.

"Let go, let go, let go." Gus stood up and they slid the key under the twins' door.