☯Fɪɴᴀʟ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ☯Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

You walked for a while stopping every now and then to eat, or sight see. You started climbing Fujikasane Mountain and saw very large beautiful wisteria trees. Underneath the trees was a very handsome boy, gently caressing the purple flowers. He wore a blue haori with white clouds. He had red hair like embers and eyes of deep maroon. He was also wearing a kitsune warding mask, hanafuda earrings and has a scar that added to his character. You closed your eyes let his gentle heart beat fill your senses. Badum. His heart was filled with over flowing kindness but also pain. The loss of family.. Badum. The loss you knew very well.

"Hello" He spoke with a small smile. "H-hi!" You stuttered your face flushing a bit. 'I thought he didn't notice me?' you thought to yourself. "My name is Tanjiro kamado, what is yours?" He flashed you another kind smile, making you melt. "I'm (y/n)" You spoke softly. "It's nice to meet you. Are you hungry? I have some extra food!" The red haired boy said. "Oh? Oh no, I'm alright, thank you." You said. "Oh well, more for me! " He grabbed your hand while he said this, making you blush slightly from the contact. He must be really friendly-! "Okay Tanjiro..!" The two of you began walking together in a comfortable silence.

~ Time skip after walking with him for a little bit~

"Hey (y/n)...what happened to you? Why are you filled with hurt?" Tanjiro turned to you and spoke. You looked at him with shock written all over your face. "What? What do you mean?" You asked puzzled. "well...I can smell it. you're very sad." You visibly gasped making Tanjiro chuckle.

~Flash back ~

"(y/n)!" Called your father. "Yes father?" You asked politely. "Could you fetch some water for us? It's getting hotter and hotter outside with this spring weather." You smiled softly and nodded your head, getting up from painting the beautiful cherry blossom tree in your front yard. You dusted off your kimono and started walking, bucket in hand, to a creek. It was slightly far, but you didn't mind the fresh air.

"Hey (y/n!)" Called out one of the fellow neighbors. "Hello Mrs. Hanako!" You yelled back. "we need your help with something...could you tell if my son tekashi here is lying?" She glanced down at her young son and sighed, a look of disappointment. "He says he didn't go into the stream, but his clothes were all wet! Please help me dear." the (h/c) haired girl looked down and giggled, causing the boy to blush. "Of course Mrs. Hanako." You closed your eyes and listened to the boys heart beat. This ability, to tell what people were like and what they were thinking by hearing their heartbeat, was passed down through generations in your family. His heartbeat was steady, like petals of the blossoms you loved so dearly swaying down off the trees. "He's not lying Mrs. Hanako! I hope you have a great day." and you were off to get water.

As you were coming up to the front of your house, you tried to sense your fathers heart beat, but somehow you couldn't. "Thats weird.." You mumbled to yourself. You looked up ahead and lying on the ground, a bloody mess was your father. The bucket of water slipped out of your hand. Tears formed into your eyes. You ran to him and looked down at the sight, sobbing hysterically. He was barely breathing, sword in hand, a faint smile on his face. You crouched down and kissed his forehead. "(y/n) My dear..." He spoke through ragged breaths. "It was him...Muzan Kibutsuji. He reached up his hand to cup your cheek in it. He was cold..so cold. "Promise me...You will find master mitsuhide and train with him. He lives at the foothills of mt. Kita..I love you." You cried even harder, "I promise father. I will do whatever it takes." But you got no response. He was dead. You gripped his sword and spoke gently. "I will become stronger. So I can protect those I love."

You father was buried beneath the blossoms.

~end of flash back~

You shuddered at the memory bowing your head a bit."My father was killed by kibutsuji. That is why I want to become a demon slayer. So I can protect the people I hold close." Tanjiro's eyes widened but then softened once more. "And what about you? Whats your story. Why are you hurt?" You asked. "How would you know that?" He questioned. "I read your heart beat. Pretty cool huh?" You giggled and smirked, making the boy laugh. "Yeah actually that is pretty cool." He looked down, a look of solemn but still a smile on his face. "My whole family was killed by Muzan also. well everyone except my sister...she.." Tanjiro bit his lip wondering if you would judge him because of his sister. "Your sister what?" You asked a look of curiosity on your face. "She turned into a demon. Except- she doesn't eat people." He looked away, afraid that you wouldn't want to be his friend anymore. "Well that's cool." You smiled at him, and he looked up at you. "I'm happy that there is still hope for demons." You and the boy turned to each other gazing into one another's eyes. He stared deep into your (e/c) orbs and you stared back at his purple. In that moment it was like the whole world stopped. Until you noticed people watching you. You rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly looking at the other kids taking the final selection test.

You and the many other examinees stood before the two short twins, one male and one female with opposite hair. "Everyone." They spoke. "We Thank you for coming here tonight--To the demon slayer corps final selection. The woman with white hair spoke separately. "There are demons imprisoned here, on Mt. Fujikasane, captured alive by the demon slayer swordsmen, and unable to leave." Then the man spoke.

          "That is because the wisteria that demons hate so much, blooms year round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain

"That is because the wisteria that demons hate so much, blooms year round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain." Then the white haired woman spoke again. "However, there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound." they continued to pass speech to each other. "You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass the final selection." Then they spoke together. "And now, Be on your way."

Tanjiro's face was tense as he began to walk past the wisteria into the test. He looked at you, and you nodded saying 'I'm by your side. I have your back.' and you both walked in together.