✫Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ✫

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

~Tanjiro's POV~

Nezuko brought up her foot to smack down onto one of the demons but the went under the ground again. She was left confused with a foot print on the concrete. The calmer demon stood there cackling at her mishap. "Nezuko!" I yelled. "Don't chase after him. come to me!" She ran to me but had to dodge a demon attack while doing so. The black ooze began to reach me. "Nezuko! I'm going underground to save (y/n)!" I told my younger sister. And then I slowly went inside of the ooze.

~your POV~

It was like a swamp. Articles of clothing from the dead girls. I looked around, "Tanjiro!" I screamed hoping he would hear me. I was held close by one of the demons, unable to get my sword. "Now hush girl. Your flavor will be ruined if your stressed~" He said while licking down my neck. I shivered at the disgusting contact. I looked ahead and saw my kind companion. "Tanji-" but before I finished my sentence, the demon covered my mouth and swam towards Tanjiro. I saw him close his eyes and grip his sword tightly. He was about to strike but the 2 demons until they swiftly moved away with me in their grip. My hand was freed when they dropped their guard trying to dodge Tanjiro's attack. I grabbed my sword and cut an arm off, swimming to Tanjiro as fast as I could.

(A/n: Yeah that's right (y/n) no damsel in distress she can take care of herself)

"(Y/n!) Are you alright?" He asked, clearly concerned. I nodded and smiled. "I'm fine. But before we celebrate, we should take care of the demons." He looked at me and pondered. "Theres a form that can be utilized even when there's no sure footing." He said while looking at what seemed to be an endless bottom of swamp. "Generating a powerful vortex.." He continued. "With a giant twist of my upper and lower body!" He yelled. I could sense the demons heartbeats behind us, but Tanjiro looked like he could sense them too so I kept quiet. Our blades rhythmically danced together as we began total concentration. I used sakura wind, and he used his sixth form. With a swift motion of our blades, a whirl pool filled with sakura petals, their heads were cut off. Tanjiro and I looked up at each other triumphantly, but I began to feel a strange sensation in my lungs. I grabbed my throat. "I can't breathe." Tanjiro nodded at me saying he couldn't either, and we both began to swim towards the surface.

The last demon was approaching Nezuko. I jumped out as quickly as I could in horror, immediately slicing his wrist off before he could reach her pretty face. "Hands off my sister!" Tanjiro yelled. The ember headed boy then cut off the demons other arm. He stood in front of the trembling demon who lost his balance and fell. "You give off a scent like rotten oil." He began. "Its a horrible smell! How many people have you killed!?" He asked angrily. "Listen! If women age any longer, they turn ugly and taste like crap!" The demon yelled. My blood was boiling. How could he speak of these girls like they were cheap ramen you could buy at a local stand? "So we killed them for their own good!" He continued. I walked up to him and grabbed him by the hair. I slit his mouth as I looked him dead in the eyes. He shut up and I let Tanjiro resume. "Nevermind. You're going to tell me what you know about Muzan kibutsuji." He said. I cringed at the mention of that wretched man..or demons name. The demon shrieked and looked terrified. "Start talking!" Tanjiro yelled. "I- I can't tell you.." The demon stuttered. He kept repeating the same phrase. His arms grew back and he lunged at Tanjiro, but he sliced off his head and forearms effortlessly.

I patted Tanjiro's back comfortingly as he was obviously upset about not getting any information and he dismissed it. Is he still mad at me? For what? We looked over to see Nezuko sleeping. He put nezuko back into her box but I looked back to see a petrified kazumi. "Mr. Kazumi. Are you alright?" Asked Tanjiro. He began crying. "I lost my fiancé..How can I be alright?" I looked over to him. "Kazumi..No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living." I reassured. He started yelling and gripped my haori. "How would you understand!? A kid like you!?" I put my hands around his and smiled softly, and he immediately stopped being tense. I got up and grabbed Tanjiro's hand. "We'll be on our way now." He said. "Take this." Tanjiro said, handing a red bow to kazumi. We began walking hand in hand as the sun began to rise. "I'm so sorry!" Kazumi yelled. Tanjiro turned around and waved goodbye. "I'm leaving that young woman in your hand!" He yelled. we turned around walking again.

My raven landed on my shoulder. "Next up--" Then Tanjiro's crow swooped in landing on his shoulder. "Asakusa Tokyo!" Mine began to speak again. "Rumors of a demon lurking there!" Tanjiro flinched. "A new mission already?" I laughed. "Give me a minute!" Tanjiro yelled. "no shut up!" the crow yelled back. they kept on arguing, but me and my raven just laughed at the two.

- on the way to asakusa-

"Hey Tanjiro..?" I asked. He looked in my direction. "Are you mad at me? What did I do?" I asked concerned. I was hurt that he barely responded or talked to me almost all last night and yesterday, only when he had too. He looked at the ground and pondered for a moment. "Your hands.." He said. "You touched Kazumi. You took gentle care of his wounds. I couldn't help but want to be the one you were tending too." He stopped for a moment and his face softened. "I felt this strange feeling welling up in my chest as I watched it." He grabbed my hands and rubbed my fingers against his rough callouses. "It may sound selfish..but It made me feel like I wanted to be the only man you touch." I looked him in the eye. and started BURSTING out into laughter. "Tanjiro! BAHAHAHA! were you jealous?" I said while pinching his cheeks. He began to blush. "N- no! well maybe a little..I- uh- THATS NOT THE POINT!" He protested. I stopped laughing and looked him straight in the eye. "Oh well I thought it was cute." And reached up to give him a kiss on the cheek. The whole walk there he was red as a tomato.

A/N: I think its too early to be so sentimental, so that's why I wrote (y/n) react the way she did.