✿Nᴇᴢᴜᴋᴏ✿Chapter 4

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

                       ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

  I had awoken the morning after the fight with the demon. Tanjiro had filled me in on what had happened and I did feel pity for the demon. Over the course of the next 7 days, The ember headed boy and I had encountered many other demons. We tried to stop and talk to some, so Tanjiro could find out how to turn a demon back to a human after becoming one.  The demons ignored our requests in their angry state of hunger, resulting to their death. "I can't even talk to one." Tanjiro sighed. "I'm sorry." I spoke softly. 

       On the morning of the final day, we stood before the 2 opposite colored ladies again. There was only 5 examinees left, there were at least 20 from the start. "That boy isn't here." Tanjiro whispered. I looked around and noticed that he was correct. I felt bad for the lives that had been lost on this mountain.

       I looked around to examine the other soon to be slayers appearances. There was a young girl with dark hair, purple eyes and a very beautiful butterfly haori. Standing next to her was a trembling boy with lifeless eyes. He had yellow hair, and a matching haori with lightning bolts on it. He was muttering something under his breath. "I'm gonna die. I'm a goner." He said. On the opposite side of Tanjiro and I, there was an angry looking boy with a scar on his cheek.

     "Welcome back." The twins spoke. "Congratulations. Were glad to see that you're safe." I looked over to Tanjiro and clasped his hand in a way to comfort him for feeling bad about the lives that were now gone. We both looked back at the twins. "So? What am I supposed to do now?" Asked the angry looking boy. "Wheres my sword." The twins payed no attention to him and continued their speech. "First, we shall issue you all uniforms. We will take your measurements, after which your rank will be engraved." They began labeling the ranks. "You are the lowest rank, mizunoto." They then split apart to reveal a table with ore. "Today you will pick the ore for your sword. However, the sword will take 10-15 days to complete." The scarred-cheeked boy looked pissed. "are you kidding me?" He said. "But first--" The twins spoke. They then clapped and a bunch of birds came flying landing on everyones shoulder. The angry boy shook his off probably injuring the poor crow.

        My bird was a beautiful raven. "These are your assigned kasugai crows." The twins spoke. "They can be used for communication." "Crows?" The yellow haired boy asked. Instead of a mighty crow or raven like mine, he had a small sparrow on his hand. I couldn't help but laugh, and Tanjiro laughed with me. "Who cares about some stupid crow!" Yelled the angry boy. He walked up to the female gripping her hair harshly. "I want a sword you hear. Gimme on right now!" he angrily yelled. Tanjiro walked up to him and gripped his arm. "Take your hand off her. Or else I'll break your arm!" He warned.  "Who the hell are you? Lets see you try it!" The boy laughed in Tanjiro's face. His grip tightened on the boy and I heard a small 'crack'.  I winced at the sound. The boy backed away in pain. "Are you finished chatting?" The black haired lady asked. She revealed the ore and asked everyone to select one. "The steel for the sword...That will annihilate demons and protect you...Will be of your own choosing." The five of us chose our ore, Tanjiro being the first. I had no idea which to choose, so I chose the one that stood out the most to me.

      Before everyone went to take their leave back to their homes, I went over to Tanjiro. "Hey Tanjiro?" I spoke softly. "Yes (y/n)?" I looked deep into his alluring eyes. Taking a big gulp, I clenched my fists. "Can I stay with you, by your side? My master can't have me come back to him.." I said. My heart was beating rather fast. Tanjiro looked surprised at my request but then smiled. "Of course (y/n). I'm Sure Mr. Urokodaki would love to have you stay." I smiled brightly at his response. "So shall we be on our way?" Tanjiro asked.

~ Time skip to urokodakis house ~

     "Were here." Tanjiro said. We were exhausted from the final selection and then walking a long way back home. When we approached the door, a small girl kicked it down and nearly jumped into Tanjiro's arms. "Nezuko!" He yelled with tears in his eyes. I assumed this was his sister, he embraced her further. He began sobbing yelling things to her. "Why did you sleep for so long!? I was so worried you were gonna die!" A tear slipped down my cheek, happy that Tanjiro was to be reunited with his sister. Who I presumed to be Mr. Urokodaki, dropped his wood and came running. He embraced Tanjiro and Nezuko closely, saying "You came back to us alive." 

        Nezuko looked up at me and ran towards me. She gave me a hug also, And I wrapped my arms around her small body. "My boy, who's this?" Mr. Urokodaki spoke. Tanjiro laughed through his tears. "This is (y/n). She will be staying with us until we get our first missions." Mr. Urokodaki looked me up and down. "Mitsuhide..." He moved nezuko off of me and hugged me as well. "If you ever get the chance, send my hello to Mitsuhide.  Your welcome to stay my dear." I nodded into his chest happily. 

       Mr. Urokodaki fed us well that night. He praised us on the killing of the morphed demon and taught us about 'special blood art' type demons. after the meal, I was very tired.  I walked over to where Tanjiro was sitting and hugged him tightly. "I'm glad you're my friend" I embraced his warmth and felt my eyelids grow heavy. I lied my head down in his lap, exhaustion coaxing me to sleep while Tanjiro layed back on the wall and soon did the same.

~ 15 days later ~

      I had heard the jingling of a bell, curiosity peaked my interests. I walked outside of the wooden door to see 2 people, a male and a female with a sword wrapped around their backs. "Tanjiro!" I excitedly yelled. "I think our swords are here!" 

      "My name is Haganezuka. I have forged the sword of Tanjiro Kamado. And I am here to deliver it." Tanjiro bowed and then introduced himself. The woman standing next to Haganezuka then turned to me. "I am Akane. I have forged the sword of (y/n) (l/n)." I bowed at her. "Please come inside so I can serve you some t-" Tanjiro started, but then was interrupted by the man. "The materials for this Nichirin sword comes from the mountain closest to the sun." He spoke. "Uhm.." Tanjiro said puzzled. "Scarlet crimson iron sand." He continued. The woman then turned to me once again. "The materials used for this Nichirin sword can be obtained in the caverns under neath the cherry blossom garden." I smiled at the mention of the tree. "Pink iron rock." Then the man got up into tanjiros face. "Hey, Your a child of brightness! Now that's what I call lucky. Maybe the sword will turn bright red!" Then the man looked to me. "And your a child of blooms!" I was confused. "Child of what?"

     We invited both of the black smiths inside and they handed us our swords.  Tanjiro and I counted to 3 and unsheathed our swords at the same time. His turned black, and mine turned a pristine  white flowing into a warm pink to the tip. "Beautiful.." Akane said.  However,  Haganezuka looked very dissapointed. "BLACK? THE SWORD TURNED BLACK?" Tanjiro looked upset and turned to Mr. Urokodaki. "Is that bad?" He asked. Mr. Urokodaki chuckled and said, "Not necessarily. Just we don't know many things about that deep shade of black."

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter was really long T-T