III

"Mr

"Mr. Kodiak, your mother wanted me to tell you to come down for breakfast" a maid spoke through the closed door. I sighed then said, "Tell her I'll be down soon"

I stood up after I heard her walk away from the door

I dropped the towel around my waist and started to get dressed. After I got dressed, I went downstairs and headed straight to the dining area.

"Доброе утро, мама и папа (Good morning, mom and dad)" I greeted them then I walked over to where Natalia was and kissed her head

"Good morning, сын (son)"

"Good morning, Родной (my dear)"

I took my seat beside Natalia's then looked around the table and saw my brothers next to each other across from me and the Agnor chick beside Natalia.

"How are you feeling, дорогой (darling)?" I heard my mom ask the Agnor chick

'I should try to remember her name considering she'll be staying with us for a long time' I thought to myself

"I'm feeling better now. Thank you for asking, Mrs. Volkov" she said timidly

She has a soft voice that complements her looks but definitely not my type.

I dug into my food and occasionally helped Natalia cut her pancakes. Yes, I know she's 9, why am I helping her cut her food? Well, she's my baby sister and always will be.

After I ate, I stood up and began to make my way to the garage to check on the shipments at the warehouse, well that is until a voice stopped me,

" сын (son), Stay home for now and help Noelle adjust. Your brothers will take over your workload for the day." I was about to complain when the Agnor chick- I mean Noelle said, "It's fine, Mr. Volkov. I don't want to be a bother to Kodiak."

My father shook his head and chuckled, "Oh, don't worry about that. You're our guest and Kodiak will make you feel at home. Right, Kodiak?" I had no choice but to agree since my father called me by my name.

I waited for Noelle to finish eating so we can agree on what we would be doing today. My brothers stood up and made their way to the garage while clapping me on the back and wishing me luck.

"Она вроде горячая, так что попробуй получить (She's kinda hot, try getting that)" Mikhail whispered to me. I laughed and shook my head, "Не мой тип (Not my type)"

"Still hungover, Katerina Jade?" Igor butts in which causes Mikhail to laugh out loud while walking away

"TRY SOMETHING NEW, KODIAK. YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU'LL LIKE IT" Igor yelled out while walking away with Mikhail howling behind him

"I'm sorry you're stuck with me," Noelle said

I softened my glare at her then shrugged, "It's nothing. I don't really have a choice"

"What are we doing today?" she asked

"I have to be somewhere at around 4 pm so for now, we can do what you want, princess" I checked my watch and it was currently 9 am

"So, what do you want to do for the time being?" she pretended to think and said, "Can we go buy canvases? and paint? I brought along my brushes but I wasn't able to bring any paint or canvases" she looked extremely hopeful and I usually wouldn't care but somehow I didn't want to disappoint her

"I'll ask my dad if we can go out to buy your art stuff," I told her then, without waiting for her reply, stood up and went to my dad's office

I opened the door and walked in, "You should really learn how to knock." my dad said disappointed

I waved my hand in a dismissive manner, "Yeah, whatever. We need to go out and buy canvases and paint for princess Agnor" I told him

"We can't have other people know where she is. But if you must, ask the maids to buy it."

"She wants to pick them out herself."

"Oh. Take extra security with you and keep your guard up, okay?" he looked at me pointedly

I nodded my head and left the office without another word.

I went up to Noelle that my dad said we can go, "You better be out by the next 15 minutes, or else I'll cancel this trip."

And with that, she rushed off, and I, on the other hand, went out to talk to our henchmen to see which security team will be going with us.

By the next 20 minutes, we were on our way to the shopping strip to buy whatever this little brat's heart desires.

(time skip to 12:30)

Noelle has managed to convince me to buy her multiple shades of paint and different sizes of canvases.

"I think we should head back now to eat lunch," I told the little brat. She turned to look at me and nodded her head then came over and latched onto my arm considering my hands are full of shopping bags.

I went to place the bags into the trunk of the car while she went climbed into the backseat and then I followed.

Once we got home I told the maids to put all the stuff we bought in her room then rushed to the kitchen to eat lunch. The little brat followed behind me and sat down next to my seat waiting for the food to be served.

While we were eating, we were talking about random stuff and I was texting a couple of colleagues so I placed my phone on the table. I stood up to get something from the fridge and when I got back, Noelle had a very sour look on her face and excused herself from the table saying that she was full and would like to paint in her room.

I shrugged it off and went over to pick up my phone when I realized it was unlocked and my conversation with Katerina Jade was opened, there was a new text bubble from her that wasn't there earlier.

'Let's move the time of our so-called meeting to 2 pm. Can't wait to see you and jr xox'

I smirked and checked the time and it was around 1:48 pm. So, I went upstairs to change clothes and then I knocked on Noelle's door, "Brat, I'm leaving. If you need anything don't hesitate to tell the maids. My brothers will be home soon. If there's an emergency, call them. k?" I didn't hear a reply, so I assumed she heard what I said.

I got into the car and told the maids to watch over Noelle whilst I was gone

I texted my dad that I was leaving and left Noelle at home and not to call me for the time being unless it was a deadly emergency.

And with that I was off, going to the woman who had a hold on my heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you for reading this chapter! 

I hope you enjoyed it and I apologize for any errors. 

It's kinda short but I'll make the next one longer! 

Stay safe and sanitize ❤

Love lots, 

hibiscus_aube