IX

I cleaned myself up, walked downstairs, and headed to the dining area

"Good morning, everyone!" Igor, Nadia, and Kodiak were the only ones in the dining area.

"Good morning, sweetie. How's your hangover?" Nadia asked me.

"It's not that bad." I sat down beside Igor. I refused to sit next to Kodiak after everything.

I should start avoiding him probably.

We ate peacefully and once in a while had a short conversation, "What are your plans for the day?" Igor asked me, "I plan on calling my brothers today and my mom too."

Kodiak has been quiet throughout the meal and wouldn't even glance at us, but that's none of my business.

I picked up the black phone my father left me and dialed my mom's number first.

(Annika, Noelle)

'Hello, who is this?'

'Mommy, it's me.'

'Dukke! (doll) Oh, my baby. How are you? I miss you so much.'

'I miss you too, mamma. I think I'm okay here.'

'What's wrong, honey? You know you can talk to me.'

'Don't tell Pappa please.'

'I won't.'

'Promise?'

'Jeg sverger på livet mitt. (I swear on my life.)'

'I think I have feelings for Kodiak but it seems like he does not like me.'

'...'

'Do what you think is right, dukke (doll). If you think you have a future with him then go ahead, but if you think there's none, then stop.'

'I love you, mamma.'

'And I love you, dukke (doll)'

'I'm gonna call Pappa and the others.'

'Okay. Take care and call me. I'm always here for you.'

I ended the call and zoned out a bit, thinking about what my mamma said to me.

If you think you have a future with him then go ahead, but if you think there's none, then stop. Do I have a future with Kodiak? I need another opinion on this.

I tried calling Pappa but he didn't pick up. I tried calling my brothers but only Magnus picked up.

(Magnus, Noelle, Adalee)