XVII

"How are you feeling today, Noelle?" Evelyn, my therapist, asked me

I shrugged my shoulders, "Same as every day."

My parents thought that therapy might help me move on from the events that occurred.

I've been paranoid and have had nightmares the past few weeks since the kidnapping.

"Have you had any nightmares since the last session we've had?" I nodded my head,

"Unlike before, they weren't frequent. I had them every other night." she nodded her head then wrote that down on her notepad.

"What were these dreams about?" I sighed then recalled my dreams, "It was a reoccurring scene, I would be in my room, sleeping, and someone would loom over my bed and slowly grab my foot then drag me out of bed then the area would change and I'll be where I was when they took me, tied to chair in a windowless room."

She tapped her pen on her notepad then leaned forward a bit, "And then what happens?"

"Adalee took off her mask then stabs me, multiple times, and then finally kills me."

Evelyn sucked in a breath then asked me, "Why do you think this still haunts you?"

"Maybe because nothing like that had happened to me?" I sighed.

"Or maybe it's because you trusted her? And never expected her to do things like this?" I looked at her then shrugged.

"I just.. I don't know. She was the closest thing to a sister that I had and she could easily do that to me? Who knows what else other people can do to me?"

Evelyn nodded then wrote something down in her notepad, "Here's what I want you to do, I want you to write down every dream you have after this session in a notepad and bring that to our sessions, okay?" I nodded my head then she continued to give me suggestions until the end of our session.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I walked out of the building and was looking around for my driver when I spotted a certain black-haired boy.

I walked closer to him and stood in front of him, "What are you doing here Kodiak?"

He smirked at me then took off his sunglasses, "You don't like seeing me, Jullie?" he grabbed my bag and lead me to the passenger seat then opens the door for me.

"Of course I'm happy to see you but why are you here?" I climbed into the passenger seat and he leans over to buckle in my seatbelt, "I missed you that's why I'm here."

We kept in contact in the past few weeks and we're taking things slow, as promised.

He's been sending me gifts to our house and would sometimes drive over and stay a few days.

He would also call me every day to ask me about my day and just check up on me.

"Where are we going?" I looked over to him when I noticed we were driving the opposite way home.

"I'm taking you out for lunch. I already went by your house to tell your family that you'll be with me." he answered while quickly glancing at me.

I nodded my head then looked out the window, "How have you been, Jullie? How was your session?"

I sighed then told him about my dreams and what Evelyn said.

"She might be right though." I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't wanna talk about it."

"What do you want to talk about then?" I thought about it for a while then smiled at him,

"Maybe about us?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

No, we did not talk about us.

Instead, we're here, eating at a diner, and laughing about stupid stuff we did when we were younger.

"I got an ass beating from my dad after that." Kodiak choked out while laughing.

He was telling me about what his dad did to him after he managed to dye the hair on his head and beard to neon green.

"He must be a heavy sleeper then if he slept through all that." I mused, he shook his head then laughed.

Once we calmed down, we continued to eat in silence.

I looked over to Kodiak to see him looking at me, "What is it?" he continued to stare at me then just shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm just admiring the view." I looked away with a small smile on my lips and light blush on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry about what happened, you know that right?" he runs his fingers through his hair and I turned to look at him,

"It wasn't your fault I got kidnapped." he shook his head, "I'm talking about breaking your heart and making you feel like shit for so long."

I smiled at him and reached over to hold his hand, "That's in the past. You're making that up to me somehow. So, let's move on from that, yea?" He pulled my hand closer to his lips then kissed it.

"I promise to take care of your heart and you from now on." he whispered.

"And I promise to take care of you." I grinned at him.

We finished our meal then decided to head over to his hotel,

"You're sleeping over, right?" he asked me while opening the door to his hotel room.

I nodded my head then headed inside, "Yea, we just need to pick up my laptop and some clothes. How long are you staying for?" he sat down on the bed then pulled me on his lap, "I'm here for 4 days." I hummed in response while he kissed my neck,

"Why don't we have some fun while I'm here?" I giggled then pulled his face towards mine then kissed him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you so much for reading this chapter!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I apologize for any spelling and grammatical errors.

We're so close to the epilogue!

If you liked this chapter, please vote, follow, and share it with your friends!

Stay safe and sanitize ❤

Love lots,

hibiscus_aube