Epilogue

~2 years later~

~2 years later~

If you told me a few years back that I was going to face a lot of shit events that'll change my life forever, then I might have laughed in your face and called you stupid.

But here I am now, about to marry the love of my life.

I looked in the mirror with a small smile on my lips.

We've been through hell and back in the past 2 years and I'm happy that we managed to move past that and start this beautiful chapter of our lives together. 

Although, one sad reality we had to face was that I will never be able to carry Kodiak's child.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there but right now is no time to be sad.

I had opted for a lace wedding gown that was absolutely stunning, 

A knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts, 

"Prinsesse, it's time." My father smiled at me and took me outside to the wedding venue. 

We went with an outdoor wedding and an outdoor reception.

He smiled at me then kissed my head, "My youngest child is getting married! How can I not cry?" 

I smiled at him as we slowly walked down the aisle, the music lightly playing, and right at the altar was the love of my life, staring back at me with tears in his eyes.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, honey. He better takes care of you." My dad playfully said.

We had reached the altar and Kodiak reached for my hand then slowly leads me up the stairs. 

"You look stunning, love." Kodiak whispered in my ear, I smiled at him then looked at the pastor.

(Skip to the vows since I have no idea what they say at weddings lol)

"Let us now witness them say their vows. Mr. Kodiak, your vows please."

"In the 23 years of me being alive, I never once thought I'd get married to someone as amazing as you. You changed me into a better man and showed me what true love is like. The love I bear for you burns brightly - so bright and so hot that it creates its own star - a place in the firmament where our love warms us every day. I vow to feed that warmth - to let us flow over us for all time and to never let our star stop lighting our path. Today I take you to be my wife and vow to help create for us a life of honesty, fidelity, trust, and love. To love you not as some idea of you, but as you truly are. To grow with you, learn with you, and to live out our days hand in hand." after he said his vows, I had tears forming in my eyes and I'm sure half of our audience has tears in their eyes as well.

"Miss Noelle, your vows please."

I took in a shaky deep breath, 

"Wow, that's a tough act to follow." chuckles were heard throughout the crowd, "When I met you a few years back, I'm not gonna lie, you were an absolute ass, but I slowly loved you for that. I never thought I'd get married to you, I always thought that I'd marry a prince charming but instead, I married a black knight but in a sense, you're my prince charming, in your own unique way." I smiled at him while he grinned at me,

"It is clear to me now that everything in my life has led me to you - I think back on all my choices and consider even the bad ones blessed, because if I had done even one thing differently, I might never have met you and become your wife.

 You are my family, and I want to be there for you in all things, I am so excited to be your wife and share in every moment - not only the good times but the learning experiences too. I vow to take from every moment the opportunity to love, to nurture, and to grow - and to never forget how lucky I am.

I saw that you were perfect and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more. As your wife, I am yours, I pledge my heart and soul to you and you alone."

I ended my vow with tears in my eyes and Kodiak was slyly wiping his eye,

"Do you, Kodiak Volkov, take Noelle Agnor to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." he smiled at me.

"Do you, Noelle Agnor, take Kodiak Volkov to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." I grinned.

"Then what are you waiting for? You may now kiss the bride!" 

Kodiak pulled me closer and smashed his lips against mine while our family and friends cheered in the background.

"I love you, Kodiak Volkov."

"I love you too, Noelle Volkov."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE

OH MY GOSH, THAT'S THE EPILOGUEEE!!

Thank you so much to my readers for reading this book!

This was my first book and I'm overwhelmed with the number of readers this got over the past few weeks.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

And I apologize for any grammatical and spelling errors.

If you liked this chapter, please vote, follow, and share it with your friends!

I hope to see all of you in my next books!

Stay safe and sanitize ❤

Love lots,

hibiscus_aube