XV

"Adalee!" my mother yelled from downstairs

I looked at the clock and it was past 1 in the afternoon.

"What?" I yelled back. I heard footsteps climbing up the stairs and my door being pushed open.

"I'm heading out for the weekend. There's money on the counter for food and whatever you need." my mom said while looking through her purse. She had this shiny mini dress on with golden heels.

"Is dad coming home for the weekend?" she shook her head then pulled out a card and handed it over to me.

"Your older siblings aren't coming home for the weekend either, so use this if you need anything." She shot me a flying kiss then walked out the door.

This was our normal routine. 

My dad was always away for business, my mom was always out with friends, and my siblings were too busy to come home.

I looked at my phone's messages and saw that Magnus messaged me,

I got dressed and applied a bit of makeup. (her outfit below 😋)

Once I was done getting changed, I lounged around for a bit then moved outside to wait for Magnus

I saw his 2019 Camaro ss pull up on our driveway. I walked over and he met me half-way then gave me a peck.

"Hey, love. How was your day?" He smiled at me.

"Like every other day." I shrugged. He gave my head a kiss then opened the passenger door for me.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Adalee! So nice to see you again!" Lelyah pulled me into a hug then proceeded to drag me to the kitchen.

She's a very sweet woman, tough but sweet. When I first met her, she insisted I call her Leylah instead of Mrs. Agnor because it made her feel old.

A few minutes later, Noelle strolls into the kitchen and Leylah's attention was shifted to her only daughter.

"Noelle please look where you're walking! You could bump into a table and hurt yourself."

The concern in her voice when addressing Noelle is what I dreamed of hearing from my own mother.

The love she has for her children is what I wish to feel from my own parents.

The Agnor kids don't see how good they have it, especially Noelle. They take it for granted and find it a bother how their parents worry about them when really it's a blessing to have that kind of parents.

"Hi, Adalee! How have you been?" Noelle asked me while passing by with a tray of brownies.

"I'm good, thanks. Congratulations on your grades!" I smiled at her.

We all sat down at the dining table while the maids served out the food.

They placed down a plate in front of me that had mashed potatoes and beefsteak and filled my cup with wine.

Mikkel stood up and lifted his cup, "I'd like to have everyone's attention. I would like to start off by saying, thank you to everyone who's here. My children are my pride and joy and it makes me proud when they achieve their goals by working hard for it." he paused and adjusted his grip on his cup, "Noelle getting good grades may not be a big deal to other people, but for me, this made my heart swell with pride. Again, thank you everyone for being here with us and Noelle, thank you for being our pride, and Jeg elsker deg, prinsesse. (I love you, princess)."

Everyone clapped after his speech and congratulations from relatives and family friends were heard from all over the table. I looked over at Noelle and saw her thanking other people.

We then ate our food with small conversations here and there.

Noelle is one lucky girl. She had a caring mother, a loving father, and siblings who care about her.

I worked hard for my grades and would show my parents but I wouldn't even get a congratulation in return. I graduated as valedictorian from our high school batch and my family didn't even show up to the graduation.

And here's Noelle, being celebrated for getting an A in her class.

It was little things like this that made me feel a certain way about Noelle.

Maybe it was the lack of love that I received or maybe the attention I never got, but it slowly morphed from dislike to hatred.

But I was sure of one thing, she had to go.

I befriended her, made her think she could trust me.

And when she least expects it, I'll strike and destroy her.

If I can't feel the love from my family then why should she feel that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you for reading this chapter!
This chapter was acting funky for the first few minutes 😤
Hopefully y'all can see the pictures now lol.

I decided to make a chapter dedicated to Adalee explaining why she did what she did.

I apologize for any spelling and grammatical errors!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

We only have a few chapters left before the epilogue soooo stay tuned for that.

Stay safe and sanitize ❤

Love lots,

hibiscus_aube