. 1 - Young.

-Zak's POV-

Beep!
Beep!
Beep!
I groaned,  toppling over from my comfortable bed. 
Thud
I reached around the room with my hands,  searching for the darn alarm. My hand hit the front of my desk lightly,  as my fingers brushed the bottom. 
I reached up to feel the alarm brushing against my fingers,  I hit the top of the alarm as hard as I could,  so it would finally shut up.

I hauled myself to my feet,  I wasn't going to be sleeping on the floor for the rest of the day,  that's for sure.

I ran my fingers through my raven hair as I hobbled over to my closet to pick out new clothes for the day.

I searched inside the closet,  trying to find my hoodie.  Suddenly I pulled out a light blue hoodie,  and some light gray jeans to go with it,  I groaned and looked over to my messy bed,  a frown appeared on my face as I realized I'd have to clean the mess I've made.

I walked over to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.  I looked pretty awful,  bags under my eyes surely said so. 

I sighed and pulled the doors open from under my sink,  I pulled out a toothbrush and toothpaste as I started to brush my teeth.

I stared in the mirror,  letting my thoughts wander in my head.  My hair was a total mess,  a birds nest. I looked over at my forehead and slowly moved my hair away,  revealing quite the nasty bruise.  I had gotten it last time at a party.  Of course,  I had gotten into a fight,  like always.  Was there ever going to be a party that I wasn't going to get into a fight?  I wondered.  Suddenly I noticed that I might be late if I keep letting my thoughts wander like this.

I spit in the sink and cupped some water from the faucet,  splashing my face in the cold refreshing water. I felt more awake now, so I grabbed a brush out of the cabinet under the sink and started to fix my messy raven hair.

I put the brush away and change into the blue hoodie and light gray jeans,  then dashed out of the bathroom and into my room,  snatching my backpack and phone off the charger.

I threw the backpack onto my shoulder as I quickly unlocked my phone,  a few messages popped up,  I'd have to read then on the way. Suddenly I realized I haven't eaten breakfast yet,  it didn't matter.  I usually skipped breakfast anyways.

I dashed out of the door,  and ran as fast as my legs could bare. This was like the umpteenth time I had arrived late for class,  I didn't want to disappoint Vincent or any teachers more than I already have.

Suddenly I felt a feeling,  like today is going to be a bad day. 

I rushed through the school doors,  everybody had their eyes pinned on me as I rushed down the hallway to my locker.

I turned a corner to see Vincent waving at me as he watched me jog to my locker, I finally caught up with him.  I heaved as I waited to catch my breath.

"What's up Zak!  Finally not late huh? " The French man laughed.

"Nope!  Finally on time. " I heaved between breaths as i looked up at Vincent.

Reaching up,  I opened my locker and tossed my backpack in,  as Vincent tried to strike up a conversation.

"So,  I know you don't like parties man,  but Zelk is gonna be hosting a big party on Sunday!  You should totally come. " Vincent inquired,  his usually accent peeking through his words.

"You know I hate them Vincent. " I groaned,  hoping the French boy would understand my frustration.

"But like,  it'll be fun!  Don't worry! " The French boy replied,  trying to get me to come.

"Vincent. " My voice was stern,  i wanted Vincent to take this seriously.  " Last time I was at a party,  I got drunk and got into a fight. I don't want to repeat history,  Kay? " I tried,  in honesty i really didn't want to go because i knew how bad hangovers where.

"Lighten up a bit!  If it helps,  I can remind you not to get drunk at the party? " Vincent tried,  he wanted me to come to badly.  It wouldn't be fun without him there.

I sighed,  i know i wasn't going to get to the French man. So i nodded and replied "Fine,  I'll come. Text me when the party starts after school. "

Vincent padded me on the back excitedly.  "Yes!  I'm telling you Zak,  it'll be so much fun. I'll go tell Zelk that you will be coming! " Vincent exclaimed.

I took out some books and nodded to Vincent who had already dashed out of sight,  probably to tell Zelk. I sighed,  as i walked over to the classroom.

I pulled a chair out and sat down,  pushing the chair closer to the desk and putting my books down,  I wasn't the type to pay attention.  My concentration was either on the window,  a wall,  or talking with Vincent if we where in the same class.

I listened to the teacher ramble for a bit before the bell rang, the teachers knew I was the type to not pay attention,  so they didn't care to snap me back into reality when I was in one of my daydreams.

I met up with Vincent in the hallway,  we talked with eachother as we walked down the hallway,  suddenly..
Thud!
I rubbed my forehead and noticed I had walked right into somebody,  I mentally cursed at myself as I got up.
I looked up and,
Green emerald eyes like forests met mine.  I scanned the person I was staring at,  they where taller than me,  wearing a black hoodie with red stripes and a pair of glasses,  I stared into their eyes for a moment before shaking my head free from the daydream. I looked down and picked up the books the other person must've dropped,  I looked back up at them.

"Sorry about that.. " I mumbled,  feeling the heat rise in my cheeks.

"It's alright,  my name is Darryl by the way. " His voice was soft,  he could listen to this boy forever.  Wait..  What am I thinking? 

"Ah,  I'm Zak. " I replied,  trying to get my mind off of those beautiful green emerald eyes.
I felt something. 
Something so unnatural, 
It felt like I've known Darryl for forever,  even if I've just met him. I wanted to be with him.

--------------------------------

Aye I made a chapter!  I'll try to make chapters at least 1000 words. Buh bye!

-Harp