. 4 - Mistakes.

- Darryl's POV -

I walked to my room and shut the door lightly behind me, I looked towards my bed and sighed, as my mind wandered, i wondered why Zak had a petal in his pocket, quite weird.. I sighed as i came closer to my bed, i hopped lightly on the fluffy mattress as i watched the window on my side.

Everything is weird. Why did I have to be friends with the most popular kid? This is horrid.

I looked around my room, and sighed. I laid down and felt my eye lids getting heavier, I wasn't in the mood to change so I let myself drift to sleep.

-+-

I wake up to the sound of my phones alarm blaring,  I grumble as I turn it off,  I hauled myself on the bed,  sitting upright.

I yawned,  putting myself to my feet and I walked towards my closet,  I wonder how long its been since I've slept this well.

I shuffle around the closet before finding a gray hoodie.  I walked towards my door and opened it lightly,  yawning as I walked down the hallway towards the bathroom.

My head jolts towards the living room as I hear another person grumble,  did somebody break into my apartment?  I take a step closer to the sound.

I look over to see Zak on my couch,  sitting upright,  he rubbed his eyes,  clearly still tired. My eyes flood with sympathy for the poor boy.

"Good morning muffin. " I softly say to him,  he jumps a bit before noticing me.  He stares at then nods.

"Yeah,  good morning. " He says back.  He reaches for his phone and opens it,  I decide to not intrude and evesdrop,  so I walk to the bathroom.

/TimeSkip\

I close the bathroom door quietly as I walk back to my room to pack my bag. I walk towards my room and open the door,  getting my backpack ready.  I walk out and greet Zak with a warm smile.

"Ready to go? " I ask gently.

"Yeah.  I'll be there in just a sec. " He replies,  then turns back to texting on his phone.  I saw how messy his hair is,  must've not brushed it properly. 

"Okay,  I'm ready to go. " Zak suddenly chimes as he shoves his phone into his pocket and grabs his backpack.

"Okay. " I reply,  still looking at his Mocha eyes,  I walk to the front door and open it,  waiting for Zak to go through first.

/Timeskip\

I walk down the school hallway,  Zak says he wanted me to meet somebody,  so I follow him down the hallway quietly. He is quite popular,  so I see eyes on him, 

And me.

We turn a corner and Zak picks up his pace,  I pick up my pace as well to keep following him,  but he is way faster than me,  that's for sure.

"Hey Vince. " Zak says,  as he slows down to meet the boy named Vince.

"Hey Zak.  So, this is the new guy? " Vincent asks,  pointing at me. I see Zak nod beside me as Vincent gives me a judging glare.

"Yeah,  hello!  I'm Darryl. " I chirp,  trying to lighten the mood.

Vincent nods and gives me an "mhm" type sound.

I see in the corner of my eye,  that Zak seems overly nervous. I turn to him and ask,  "Are you okay? ".

He turns to me and simply nods quietly as he listens to Vincent and I talk.

The bell rings,  signaling that class is starting.  I tell Vincent goodbye and when I turn to say goodbye to Zak,  he already went. I frown to myself and walk towards my classroom.

/Timeskip\

I walk down the hallway,  and realize I haven't seen Zak anywhere. He just disappeared into thin air.

I shrug as I walk out near the school doors.  Though I have a feeling that something bad will happen.

- Zak 's POV -

I walk down the hall, nearing the doors of the lockers,  wondering how baseball practice would be. My mind always wandered back to Darryl.

As that thought came to mind,  I felt a petal get lodged in my throat,  I almost choked on it,  but managed to gulp it down.  I got a few weird stares.

As I opened the doors I found alot of eyes on me,  friendly stares to some weird glares. I rush to the bathroom,  feeling the petal in throat.

I close the door of the bathroom and instantly start coughing,  covering my mouth. I unfold my palms and stare at my palms,  shocked and terrified. 
It was a petal.
Covered in.
Blood.

I rush to the sink and wash my palms,  this was getting out of hand,  but telling somebody was not happening.  They would think I'm insane. 

I rush out of the bathroom and over to my locker,  feeling some eyes pinned on me I quickly changed into my practice uniform and went out onto the field.

I was greeted by my teammates,  waving and fist bumping me. I gave them warm smiles. 

"Hey Skeppy! " I heard a familiar voice call,  it was TechnoBlade.  Aka Dave,  I saw as he walked over to me and fist bumped me.  I smiled at him,  he reminded me of..

Darryl.

I soon felt a petal rise in my throat,  I tried my best to hold it down. 
"Heya Techno! " I said,  trying to look less suspicious. He took some moments before responding.

"You okay dude? You seem nervous. " He said,  scratching the back of his neck as he watched me.

That's what Darryl said.

The petals felt like they where exploding in my throat,  I threw my hands over my mouth as I nodded to Dave,  who had a concerned expression. 

"Tell coach I need to use the restroom." I tell Dave,  he nods and I rush to the bathroom.

I half kick the bathroom door open and close it tightly,  I crumble into a corner and cough as much as I can, covering my mouth.

I remove my hands to find two petals and a ton of blood on my hands. I felt the room spinning as I hauled myself up.

I left light headed as I stumbled towards the sink,  cleaning my hands. I groaned as I placed my hand on my head.

I opened the door,  as I stumbled on the field.  Concerned eyes where on me as I saw Dave walking towards me.

"Dude,  are you sure you are okay? " He asked,  I nodded quietly as I rubbed my arm.  I felt so light headed. I pondered if I was going to faint soon.

"You look pale,  also you seemed to stumble out of the restroom.  If you need a break,  just say so. " Dave said,  concern showing in his eyes as he watched me closely. 

"No.  I'm fine. " I mumbled as I gave Dave a weak smile and a nod. Dave didn't seem to believe me,  but he nodded and walked away.

A bit into practice I felt light headed,  as I did a lap I suddenly feel my legs stop, my head pounded as Dave came closer.  I tried to listen but the ringing in my ears got louder. 
Suddenly,
Everything went dark as I felt the harsh ground collide with my arms and body.

--------------------------

Heyo!  Sorry bout' the cliffhanger.
Hope you enjoyed! 

-Harp