. 10 - Rush.

- Zak's POV -

I sat on the side of my bed for the whole night,  I couldn't get a wink of sleep.  Not with these thoughts. 

I hopped from the bed,  seeing my phone hit 5 AM. I walked over to my chair that had the picked out clothes draped over it.

I put the clothes on,  it was just a blue hoodie with a jacket on top,  paired with some black shoes and pants.  It wasn't much,  but it was the most i could pick out.

I walked towards my bathroom,  opening the door and walking in.  I brushed my teeth,  looking in the mirror. 

Sure I was pale,  but when I looked in the mirror I saw somebody who I didn't want to be. Somebody I wanted to hate.

I snap myself out of my thoughts,  as I put the toothbrush down.  I need to get my head straight,  party today,  remember Zak? 

I knew I shouldn't go,  but I need to.  For Vincent's sake Zak,  for Vincent's.

- Darryl's POV -

I pace around my room,  as I stop at the door.  I've been pretty lonely a lot,  maybe I should adopt a pet?  After the incident with Zak I think a pet will clear my mind. 

I pick up my phone and wallet from my drawer, opening my bedroom door as I rushed down the hall.

I opened my door and closed it behind me,  locking it.  I rushed down the flight of stairs until I reached the bottom.

There's a local pet shop nearby,  and a dog shelter a bit farther away.  I decided to head to the shelter instead. 

I walked down the sidewalk for awhile before I was met with the giant dog shelter building,  I walked inside to hear,  and see a bunch of dogs. 

I walked around for awhile,  admiring the beautiful dogs. As I passed another pair,  I heard a dog bark at me,  I turned around to see a white dog barking at me.

I walked up to the dog as it began to lick my face,  I giggled a bit before I heard a voice. 

"Cute one, right? " A voice came from behind me.  I turned around to see a person walking towards me.

I simply nod as they walk up to me.

" Do you want them?  I can get you the papers. " They reply to my silence.

"Yes please,  I think this one is perfect. " I reply with a smile,  the worker smiles back at me as they walk away.

I

look down at the dog who has basically fallen asleep in my arms.  I giggle as I hear footsteps from the worker again.

"Alright,  fill out these papers,  and come back tomorrow for your little buddy. " They say,  handing me the papers.

I nod as I lean the papers against a wall,  filling them out.  I hand them back to the worker,  they nod to me as they walk away.

I set the dog down as I head for the exit,  walking back to my house.  Until I realized i completely forgot about the party. 

I needed a disguise,  so I opened my phone and cringed to see Zak had texted me.  I ignored him as I pulled up Dream's contact. 

Me>Hey,  Dream can I borrow your mask?  Just for today.  ^-^