. 14 - Sticks and Stones

- Darryl's POV -

I walked down the sidewalk to the shelter,  as I reached the doors I pulled them open and walked down the hall to meet some sort of front desk. 

( Don't judge I've never been to an animal shelter)

"Hello!  " The receptionist welcomes,  I give them a warm smile.

"I'm here to pick up a dog.  " I say.

"Alright, name? " The receptionist clicks on her computer,  keeping eye contact with me the whole time.

"Darryl Novescoch. " I reply,   shyly staring the ground.

"Alright Darryl,  I'll be right back with your new bundle of happiness! " The receptionist smiles,  as she walks towards the door behind her.

She opens it and walks in,  leaving me waiting outside.

A few minutes pass as I see the door open,  as the receptionist comes back with a box that holds a dog,  I smile as she hands it to me.

"Have a great day,  and these papers tell you all the information you need on this pet. " She hands me a few papers which I nod to. 

I wave to her as I leave the pet shelter,  happily carrying my new dog,  I walk to my apartment complex to be greeted by Clay.

"Oh,  right! " I mumble to myself as I fiddle in my pockets,  finally pulling out his mask. 

I walk up to him and greet him with a smile as I give him the mask.  He walks away as he waves off towards me.

As I turn to go into the apartment complex,  a tap stops me.

I turn around to find a heaving Vincent,  catching his breath.  I frown.

"What do you want? "

-Zak's POV -

I look around Darryl's apartment,  it's not big but it's very cozy. 

As I open a cabinet it's full of different types of muffins,  as a drawer reveals a stack of muffin recipes. 

Does he only know how to make muffins?

I sign as I search the cupboards,  finding a stash of ramen noodle packets,  and a bowl of candy.  I of course take one,  maybe two. 

As I walk down the hall,  I meet the bathroom door.  I open it lightly as I walk in,  I shouldn't be snooping but,  I couldn't help it.

I opened a cupboard in Darryl's bathroom,  and I couldn't believe what I saw.

(!  TW ahead!)

It was a razor.

--------------------------

I have decided for myself,  (because nobody voted-)  to make the chapters smaller so I can make them at least once a day,  mostly twice or maybe three times a day.

Cya next chapter! 

-Harp