. 12 - White lines.

- Darryl's POV -

Zak's in the hospital,  I don't know for how long.  He looks so pale and weak,  I feel so bad for him.  I'm holding his hand as I wait for a doctor to come into the room.

As I finish that thought,  I hear footsteps outside.  A doctor in a white coat comes in holding a clipboard,  they push their glasses to the bridge of their nose.

"Alright,  I'm going to be completely honest to you,  this might be harsh but. " The doctor sighed,  honestly Darryl wanted so badly for somebody to finally be honest to him.

"That idiot,  I don't know what he's doing,  but he's going to die if this happens again. Honestly,  how do you loose that much blood in a week?  " He doctor swayed his arms,  angrily rubbing his temples afterwards. 

I looked back at Zak's skinny and frail body.  I knew why,  I knew.  But I did nothing to stop it.  I felt tears trickle in my eyes as I rubbed them away with my sleeve.

I needed to do something,  and fast.  But what?  He's got to be connected with the blood and flowers,  it makes sense.  And near a bathroom,  is he puking them?

I pulled my phone out of my pocket,  unlocking it quickly.  My fingers dashed over the keyboard as I typed in "Puking blood and flowers ".

The first result was an article about something called "Hanahaki disease",  I skimmed through the article as my eyes went wide,  I felt a pit in my stomach.

Zak is going to die.  There's no doubt about it,  if by some miracle he finds a girl that's his soulmate,  then maybe.

I feel a bigger pit in my stomach.

A girl.

That's not me.

Of course it's not me.  I've always have been a loser.  A weird quiet kid,  while he was so popular. 

But I honestly don't know anymore.  My thoughts are so wild at this point,  maybe his fame is negative?  Maybe he likes me after all?

I blushed a little,  maybe he does. 

"BadBoyHalo..? " I hear a voice croak,  I turn to see that Zak is awake.  Who is he calling for?  I look around the room.  The doctor had left us alone. 

I shake my head,  as I lean down and hug him,  not too tightly to not hurt him.

I feel his arms slowly wrap around me. 

"My name is Darryl. " I whisper to him.

I feel Zak tugging me down,  yet he's so weak he can't really push me down.  I chuckle lightly as I push the chair farther

I help him up into a sitting position as he looks at me,  his mocha eyes are so dull.  But as they landed on me,  I saw them shine. 

Suddenly his breath hitched,  he leaned forwards with a quick motion,  almost like when you hit the breaks at a stoplight,  he covers his mouth with his hands as he stares at the sheets with wide eyes.

My eyes widen as well as I see a red liquid dripping from his fingers. 

I grab him and hug my arms around him,  as I do I loosen his grip a little.

He let's go,  as he gags.  He proceeds to cough up blood and flowers,  staining the white sheets red.  I turn to see that the heart monitor was going crazy,  he must be panicking.

"Oh my goodness. " I couldn't think,  everything was happening so fast.  Like a movie, I held Zak back as he finished gagging up all of those flowers. 

Flowers,  they start out as petals,  but Zak's are basically almost done growing into an actual flower.

What have I done. 

He leans back,  as blood trickles down his chin in two separate lines,  I hear the doctor run in.

"What happened? " He asks,  as he spots us his eyes widen.  I turn around to see how dull Zak's eyes have become. 

"Don't die before I can kiss you. "

I whisper,  pulling him into a kiss.

I drag it out as long as I possibly could.  It was so magical,  I loved every bit of it.  I wanted it to last longer so badly,  I hugged him tightly as he kissed me back.

(Doctor: " f- this sh- I'm out",  whoops fourth wall)

I was the one to break the kiss as I thought,  Zak must've been weak.  He needs to breathe,  or that kiss might aswell kill him before the Hanahaki does.

I look at him,  and into his eyes. He's baffled,  staring at me with wide eyes. 

"I love you,  you muffin. " I whisper,  as I feel tears trickling the edges of my eyes.

Zak chuckles,  pulling me into another kiss.  This time he pulls out.

"I'm not going to die idot. " He whispers in a hoarse voice. 

He cups my face into his hands.

" I've always loved you. "

--------------------------------------

I did Hanahaki because it would add drama,  it adds a sort of drama that pulls people together.  It wasn't meant to kill off Zak or anything lol- I saw people complain about Hanahaki in the comments so yeah- there's my explanation. ( Sorry for the short chapter)

ALSO OH BOY THIS ISN'T THE END.

Also ilyasm WE ARE ALMOST TO 2K READS AND WE GOT 2 PLACE ON skeppyxbbh TAGGGG

THANK YOU ILYSMMMM <3333

-Harp