Chapter 7: Zuko

Everyone set their bags down on the floor of the Western Air Temple. Teo, Haru, and The Duke ran off to go explore.
"I think we need to talk about some things." Katara said shifting from one foot to the other. "We need to decide what we're gonna do now." "How about we talk about what happened at the Capital first?" Sokka replied. "Nothing happened I was just a servant at the palace then got in trouble for speaking out and got put in a cell for a couple days. When Zukos Uncle broke out he got me out too and I came to find you." "So you're saying Zuko didn't hurt you at all?" Aang asked. "He wasn't the best tempered but he was decent to me." "Fair enough. So, what's the new plan?" Aang said switching the conversation back to what to do about Lord Ozai. "Well, if you ask me, the new plan is the old plan! You just need to master all four elements and confront the Fire Lord before the comet comes." Aang sulked. "Oh, yeah. That's great, no problem. I'll just do that." "Aang, no one said it's going to be easy." They had almost missed Kataras optimism. "Well, it's not even gonna be possible! Where am I supposed to get a firebending teacher?" "We could look for Jeong Jeong!" "Yeah ... right." Aang said shooting down another of Kataras plans. "Like we'll ever run into Jeong Jeong again."
"Who's-" Toph starts before folding her arms. "never mind. If it's important I'll find out. "Oh well, guess we can't come up with anybody. Why don't we just take a nice tour around the temple?" Aang says abruptly ending the conversation and him and Momo fly off.
"What's up with him?" Toph wondered. "There's gotta be someone who can teach him firebending." Sokka thought.

"Hello ... Zuko here, but I guess" The Fire bender rubs his hand against the back of his head nervously. "you probably already know me, sort of. Uhhh ... so, the thing is I have a lot of firebending experience, and I'm considered to be pretty good at it." He says smiling. "Well, you've seen it, you know, when I was attacking you." His eyes widen. "Uhhh ... yeah, I guess I should apologize for that. But anyway, I'm good now. I mean, I thought I was good before, but I realize I was bad," He gets visibly uncomfortable and drops his arms into a slouch. "but anyway, I think it's time I joined your group and taught the Avatar firebending." A badgerfrog croaks at him. "Well, what's your answer?" Zukos yells angrily. The badgerfrog hops on his head before hopping awa y. "Yeah ... that's what I'd say, too. How am I supposed to convince these people that I'm on their side? What would Uncle do?"
"Zuko, you have to look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then will your true self, reveal itself." He says imitating his Uncles voice. "Even when I'm talking for him I can't figure out what he means. What would Azula do?"
"Listen, Avatar, I can join your group, or I can do something unspeakably horrible to you and your friends. Your choice." He imitates his sister. "I guess I'm just not that good at impersonations."

Aang is flying on his glider. Sokka, Katara, and Toph watch him from the ground.
"Aang, can we talk about you learning firebending now?" Katara yells. "What? The wind is too loud in my ears! Check out this loop!" Aang proceeded to do a loop.
"Aang, I think we should be making some plans about our future!" Sokka tries his luck on getting the boy to listen. "Okay," Aang answers landing "we can do that while I show you the giant Pai Sho table! Oh, you're gonna love the all-day echo chamber!" "I think that'll have to wait." Toph says pointing behind her.
Zuko stands there looking incredibly awkward, while they look at him with shocked expressions, which subsequently turn into anger.
"Hello ..." He waves. "Zuko here." The gang prepares to attack. "Hey, I heard you guys flying around down there, so, I just thought I'd wait for you here." Appa growls at him and then licks him twice. Aang lowers his staff slightly. "I know you must be surprised to see me here." Sokka is the first to speak. "Not really, since you've followed us all over the world." "Right. Well, uhhh ... anyway ... what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed, and I, uhhh, I'm good now, and well I think I should join your group, oh, and I can teach firebending to you." The gang expresses turn to shock. "See, I, uhhh ..." "You want to what now?" Toph asks. Katara finally speaks up. "You can't possibly think that any of us would trust you, can you? I mean, how stupid do you think we are?!" "Yeah, all you've ever done is hunt us down and try to capture Aang!" Sokka added. "I've done some good things! I mean, I could have stolen your bison in Ba Sing Se, but I set him free. That's something!" Appa licks him again, much to his surprise. "Appa does seem to like him." Toph defended. "He probably just covered himself in honey or something so that Appa would lick him. I'm not buying it." Sokka said. "I can understand why you wouldn't trust me, and I know I've made some mistakes in the past." "Like when you attacked our village?" Sokka said. "Or when you stole my mother's necklace and used it to track us down and capture us? Or made me be your servant? Or put me in a cell?" Katara glared. "Look, I admit I've some awful things. I was wrong to capture you, and I'm sorry that I attacked the Water Tribe. And I never should have sent that Fire Nation assassin after you." Zuko didn't notice Toph and Sokka's eyes widen with shock. "I'm going to try and stop-" sokka cut him off and pulls out his boomerang; angrily. "Wait, you sent Combustion Man after us?" "Well, that's not his name, but-" "Ohhh, sorry. I didn't mean to insult your friend!" Sokka said sarcastically. This irritated the prince. "He's not my friend!"
Zuko looked to the Avatar who had stayed quiet through all of this. "Why aren't you saying anything? You once said you thought we could be friends. You know I have good in me."
Aang turns to look at his friends, and Sokka shakes his head at Aang.
"There's no way we can trust you after everything you've done. We'll never let you join us." "You need to get out of here. Now." Katara warns. "I'm trying to explain that I'm not that person anymore!" Zuko says desperately. "Either you leave, or we attack." Sokka warned. "If you won't accept me as a friend, then maybe you'll take me as a prisoner." Zuko kneels down, bends his head, and raises his arms in surrender. This angered the water bender. "No, we won't!"
Next thing Zuko knew water was blasted at him.
"Get out of here, and don't come back! And if we ever see you again, well, we'd better not see you again!" Katara hissed. Zuko stands back up and heads back to his camp sight defeated.