Chapter 15: Lightning

"Zuko, don't worry. We can take Azula." Katara says seeing how tense he is. " It's not her I'm worried about. I'm worried about you. I'm worried about Aang. What if he doesn't have the guts to take out my father? What if he loses?" Katara blushes then focuses on the important part of the topic. "Aang won't lose. He's gonna come back. He has to."

At Fire Lord's coronation, where only Azula and the Fire Sages are present. Azula, who is kneeling down on the plaza steps. She is wearing Fire Lord robes with her armor underneath. Standing behind her are Fire Sages, one begins to hold the headpiece over her head.
"By decree of Phoenix King Ozai, I now crown you Fire Lord ..."
The sage suddenly pauses and looks ahead. Azula turns her head to face him. "What are you waiting for? Do it!"
Appa is heard in the and Azula turns back around to see Appa landing in the plaza courtyard.
"Sorry, but you're not gonna become Fire Lord today. I am." Zuko says jumping off Appa. Azula laughs. "You're hilarious." "And you're going down." Katara says joining Zuko in the ground. "I see you've brought your pet with you." Azula signals with her hand for the Fire Sage to stop the crowning. "You want to be Fire Lord? Fine. Let's settle this. Just you and me, brother. The showdown that was always meant to be. Agni Kai!" "You're on." Katara turns to face Zuko, very surprised. "What are you doing? You promised me nothing wreckless. She's playing you. She knows she can't take us both, so she's trying to separate us." "I know. But I can take her this time." "But even you admitted to your uncle that you would need help facing Azula. Zuko please." "There's something off about her; I can't explain it but she's slipping. And this way, you don't get hurt." Katara nods knowing his mind is made up.
In the courtyard Zuko kneels on one end, Azula kneeling on the other end. Zuko stands up and turning around; Azula does the same then takes off her Fire Lord garments. "I'm sorry it has to end this way, brother." "No you're not." Zuko gets in his stance.
Azula smiles and assumes an awkward fighting stance. She spins and sends a sudden blast of blue fire toward Zuko. Zuko brings his hands up and jumps forward, bringing his arms down in front of him. He bends a flame in each hand and they emerge. He sends the fire toward Azula. A wall of fire, blue colliding with red, take form. As the wall begins to die, Azula leaps up on a jet of fire and kicks her legs forward, sending a wave of fire from her feet during each of her three spinning kicks.
Orange and blue flames blasting toward each other. Zuko punches a powerful blast of fire toward his sister. His stream of orange blends with a blast of blue fire. He continues shooting fire while being pushed back by the blue flames colliding with his. Suddenly, Zuko and Azula stop their attacks. The scared and confused Azula turns to find that Zuko's strong attack has caused the plaza behind her to be smothered in flames. She leaps forward with a blast of fire that she swings at Zuko. Just as he is about to be hit, Zuko thrusts his palms outward to create a wall of fire that slices the blue flame. The flames as they slowly die down Zuko sees Azula crouching on the ground, heavily panting, and she grits her teeth and narrows her eyes. A determined look flushes over Azula. With the other fist punches two large fireballs head toward Azula, and the fire emerges to create one massive blast. Azula's fear-filled eyes, reflecting with orange from the oncoming attack. Azula dodges using a jet of blue fire. She flies forward into the air, using jets of fire from her feet and hands she thrusts her fists forward creating two blue fire blasts.

Zuko crouching with his arms outward, blue and orange flames swirling around him. Azula is flying toward him as she swerves to the right to dodge Zuko's last blast. Azula shoots fire at Zuko and circles him, a trail of blue fire coming from her feet. Zuko quickly defends himself by creating a shield of fire for protection. He tries to attack Azula, who is still circling him, but she is too fast. He stops firing at Azula, crouches, and begins spinning and kicking immense and powerful flames from his feet. Azula is flying forward; when she sees the attack, she tries to stop, but it is too late. Azula falls and rolls forward onto the ground. In pain, she picks herself up she is hunched over, her hair is undone and she is extremely angry.
Zuko grins at her mockingly. "No lightning today? What's the matter?" He quickly assumes his lightning redirection stance. "Afraid I'll redirect it?" "Oh, I'll show you lightning!" She spits back.