One

Dear you,

I know it’s hard. What you’re going through must feel like such a roadblock, but I want you to imagine something for me.

Imagine your life is a highway. You’re the driver of your car which is steadily going down the highway like it normally does. Then, you reach a large, steep hill. This hill is symbolic of your problems. You can fuel your car and drive up the hill with patience, courage and strength, or you can give up.

Would you let your car stay at the bottom of the hill to slowly waste all of its gas, or do you want to use all the gas to get over the hill? There’s a reward, and that’s a continuing highway. The continuation of life.

Please don’t give up. My best friend once considered suicide, and she was close to doing it. She texted me one day saying ‘I want to die.’ Minutes later, I called her at least 20 times and she was unresponsive.

Turns out, during that time, she was crying. She didn’t want to put herself through that pain, and she didn’t want to end her life, she just wanted release. She wanted to end her emotional suffering and she thought the only way to do that was to end her life.

It’s not. If anything, suicide just passes the suffering onto others. It’s an endless, vicious cycle full of hate and negativity.

I’m not going to sit here and lie to you. I’m not going to say ‘it’s going to be okay,’ because it might not be for a while. It will eventually become okay, but that feeling won’t be instant.

You’ve already pushed through so much. Why would you give up now?

So, before I end this long-ass speech/inspirational essay/rant, I’d like to do something for you.

I feel like this’ll help you a lot. When my friend was contemplating ending her life, I did something for her, and I want to do it for you too.

You’re probably sitting here thinking “why should I go on?”

Let me tell you.

1. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I promise you, it gets better.
2. If you leave now, your family and friends will be crushed. Heck, I’ll be crushed. I don’t even know you personally, but I love you already.
3. Feeling the sand on your feet as you walk on the beach.
4. Drinking coffee or hot chocolate in Starbucks in the middle of winter.
5. Hearing your friend tell you a joke that makes you snort like nobody’s watching.
6. Dancing in the rain like nobody’s there.
7. Making snow angels and feeling the snow on you.
8. Going on long car trips and watching the scenery zoom by you.
9. The feeling you get when you see your crush.
10. Ice skating.
11. The feeling you get when you fall and land on your ass with your friends watching.
12. Sand sticking to your feet after you leave the beach (it’s such a pain to get off).
13. Eating chicken soup in the middle of winter while you’re cuddled in a blanket.
14. Waking up early and looking at the picturesque sunset.
15. Eating breakfast in bed.
16. Bacon.
17. Having milk come out of your nose.
18. Donuts (insert Homer Simpson meme)
19. Having your first kiss.
20. Being alive and experiencing all that you can.

You only have one life, one body, one chance. Please don’t snatch it away from yourself.

- Love, Llama