Worth

Dear you,

I don't know you and you don't know me. We're strangers. But it doesn't mean that no one cares about you. I'm younger than you, that's for sure, but I've had my own share of depression.

When I was 9, I started cutting. For years I did it. I was in a dark point of my life and I was frustrated. Scared. I felt like I was alone. My mind went 100 different directions every second finding everything that I thought can help me stop the pain. I think you can guess it by now, I was about to commit suicide at just 12 years old.

I thought that the world would be a better place without me. I thought that without me, no one would feel the difference especially since there's about 7 BILLION people living on earth. I thought I was worthless. That nothing is worth living for.

When I lost all hope, someone came for me. My best friend found out about it. He's quite the snooper, and he went through my things. He found my letter. I compiled all my feelings to one letter that I thought I would leave behind.

He confronted me. Demanded answers. I broke down and told him everything. About how I feel like I'm nothing and I will forever be just that. He was furious. And no, he wasn't furious for me thinking of suicide. He was furious because I felt like no one was there for me. He was furious because he thought that I knew that he'll always be there for me.

What I'm trying to say is, even though right now it feels like your tunnel is completely dark, there's always a light at the end. And currently, that light is all of us who's trying to tell you that you ARE worth it. That you ARE worth living.

You are you. You're not perfect, but who is? That's what makes you human and that's what we're saying. That you deserve to be alive

- Love, Anonymous