Win

Dear you,

I know lots of people who've gone through extremely tough things. My friend's brother committed suicide. I had no clue how to help her, or what to say. I wasn't educated then, so I was confused and lost. But just recently, a month ago, I had my first suicidal thought. I was walking in a forest preserve with my mom and brother, and I was getting yelled at again for no reason. We were crossing a bridge, and as I looked down into the water, I thought: Why shouldn't I just end it all? Life would be so much easier. I still struggle with these thoughts. I haven't told anyone except people online.

My parents got divorced when I was young, six to be exact, but I was so young then, I had no clue what was going on. I've never been severely abused, but I have and still do get slapped from time to time. And it hurts. I look in the mirror and tell myself that I'm not good enough. My pimples make me look ugly. Recently, I've been skipping breakfast whenever I can, since it's the only meal I don't eat with anyone else. But then later in the day, I'll be craving food, so I'll binge eat. Even though I've never harmed myself, I've thought about it. I've wondered if it helps the pain go away. But I force myself to resist the temptation.

I don't give up, because life can't be easy. It may not be fair, but that's how it works. You'll have to fight your way to the end, even if it means fighting everyday. Everyday that you wake up, means you won that fight. If something goes wrong, well, it's one fight. You can win hundreds more. It's hard, but I believe in you.

You are an important person and you are not worthless. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Don't give up on yourself, don't give up your future, your life. There's always something worth living for, even if it's the smallest thing.

- Love, Star