Daisuga - Hope

Caregiver : Daichi
Little : Suga
Total Words : 930 (Sorry that it's a little short)
TW : Minor angst coming up
Pic ©️ : credit the original artist

He felt happy yet sad at the same time. Why? because he felt a little useless. Having Kageyama as a regular setter for the team makes Suga feel as if he was not needed. He was happy and proud that Karanuso was finally getting back their title as one of the powerhouse school it used to be. Yet he feel disappointed that he could not contribute much with having kageyama as the setter. Yes, He agreed. Kageyama is better than him in terms of accuracy and skills, however there were many other skills that Suga felt that he can contribute as much as Kageyama for the team. Was he wrong to feel this way? Suga could not stand it anymore and decided to run away from training. Suga quickly ran to the locker room and grabbed his bag. He left a note on the table for the team saying that he wasn't feeling went and wanted to rest at home. He could text Daichi but he did not want to worry him as they have a big match against Aoba Johsai soon and needed all the practice they can get. Suga felt bad for lying to his daddy but he just wanted to be alone for awhile. Suga felt that he could hold back from falling into his little space until he reached home.

After 30 minutes of training went past, Daichi noticed that Suga was no where to be found. He saw Suga ran out of the hall thinking that he needed to go to the toilet or take a break. He placed the ball back into the basket and went to look for Suga. He went to the locker room thinking that he might be changing on resting only to find a note. Panic starts to fill in as he finish reading the note. He knew that if Suga were to be left alone while feeling sad, he might regressed at places he didn't know about. Daichi ran back to the hall and asked everyone whether they have seen Suga and once everyone shook their head, he ran to tell coach ukai that Suga might be sick and that if it was possible to take care of him. Everyone knew about Daichi and Suga's relationship so Coach Ukai agreed. Daichi said goodbye to everyone and ran out to find Suga. He went to Suga's home hoping to find him sleeping on his bed. Sadly, no one was in the room when he entered. Daichi put all his belonging in Suga's room and continue to search for him around the area.

Suga on the other hand, did regressed and is siting on the park crying. The park rarely had people and since it was so big, he got lost and scared. After being sad due to feeling useless in volleyball and the pressure of being alone, he regressed and found a hut to sit under. Suga started to cry and call out for Daichi. Daichi ran around the area and still could not find Suga anywhere until he remembered that Suga tends to take the longer route home by the park when he's upset but stopped after getting lost in there almost twice. Daichi quickly ran to the park and search for Suga. As he was running around the park, he heard a faint crying sound from a far distance and dashed towards that direction. At last, he found his little prince crying which holding his knee under a hut. Daichi quickly took off his jacket and wrapped it around him. Suga looked up and quickly engulfed him in a hug while crying. After awhile, Daichi helped his little prince on his back and carried him home. As they were walking back home, Suga suddenly hugged Daichi tighter and asked

(S) : Am I usewess?

(D) : No you're not baby, why do you think so?

(S) : Im not gwud on cowurt, Im a bad little becawse I always make daddy worwy. Im not gwud as Kageyama and yu dun need me on cowurt. So, I am nothing.

Daichi felt his shirt getting soaked from the tears that were currently rolling down Suga's face. Once Daichi unlocked the door. He carried Suga down onto the sofa and kneel down in front of him holding his hand. He wiped the tears off Suga's beautiful cheeks.

(D) : Why would you ever say that about yourself? No, you're not useless. Never. Just because Kageyama played more on court doesn't mean that you are nothing compared to him. Who was the one who advised Kageyama on matching his tosses to Hinata's spike? Who was the one who calmed us down during competition and always took care of us during training? Who was the one who helped the year one train to become the amazing players they are today? It's all thank to you. My beautiful, talented and useful little prince. Now don't be sad and lets have dinner together okay, ill cook your favourite.

(S) : Yay! Thank you daddy!

Suga wrapped his hands around Daichi's neck and peck his cheek. He grabbed Daichi's hand and wobbled to the kitchen with him. Daichi grabbed the little prince and sat him on the counter. Suga just watch as his daddy put on his apron and cook his favourite meal. Deep down, Suga feels so grateful to have such an amazing daddy like him. He finally realise that he wasn't as useless as he thought he was.