Iwaoi - Replaced

Caregiver : Iwaizumi
Little : Oikawa
Total words : 1185 Words
TW : Angst ⚠️

(O) : " IWA-CHAN!!! "

Oikawa ran towards Iwaizumi and hugged him. Iwaizumi smile towards Oikawa, returning the hug and grabbing his hand to walk to school. For someone like Oikawa, it was always easy for him to express his affection in public. No matter how tsundere Iwaizumi acted towards Oikawa, he still love Iwaizumi the same. The duo had grew up together, went to middle school together, and now is in their 3rd year of high school together. Iwaizumi has been Oikawa's caregiver for 2 years now and soon to be their third. Despite always calling Oikawa mean names or making fun of him, that was Iwaizumi's way of expressing his love for Oikawa and what he prefers to show to people. Behind closed doors, Iwaizumi has always cared for Oikawa, cherish him and took care of him even during his darkest moments. Even though they were at their last year of high school, Oikawa already felt as if Iwaizumi was his soulmate and that he will always be by his side till the end. Well...at least he thought he would.

As Oikawa walked towards Iwaizumi's classroom to go and have lunch together, he was suprised to find out that he was not in class. Oikawa pulled out his cell phone to text Iwaizumi only to find a notification from him that was sent a few minute ago that he won't be having lunch with him today. Strange, maybe he had been called by a teacher, Oikawa thought to himself as he went to the canteen to grab some food to eat. After what felt like hours, the bell that made all student happy rang. Finally school had ended. It's time for volleyball practice. Oikawa was always excited for practice as it meant spending more time with his boyfriend doing something they love together. As Oikawa walked towards the club room to get change, he noticed his lovely boyfriend siting at a bench with a girl who Oikawa had not seen before. Oikawa decided to just walk away and assumed that it was just his classmate needing help with something. Oikawa was not one to get jealous easily as he trust Iwaizumi with his life. However, today seemed different. Jumping up as high as he can, Oikawa was practicing his jump serves but was distracted by his partner who kept on checking his phone and did not even talk to him once ever since training started. Oikawa decided to find out what was keeping his boyfriend from concentrating during training.

(O) : "Iwa-chan!! Why do you keep checking your phone! You do know that we're still in training. Talk to meeee. I need my partner with me during training "

(I) : "Shutup shitty-kawa! I'll practice soon. I need to take a call real quick, I'll be back."

Iwaizumi stood up from the bench and walked out of the gym. This made Oikawa a little upset but decided to brush it off thinking that it may just be a family emergency that needed his immediate attention. Oikawa decided to just continue with training and hoped that his boyfriend would return quickly. By the time Iwaizumi came back, training had just ended. Oikawa decided that he would ask Iwaizumi about what happened on the way home since they live together. To his surprise, Iwaizumi quickly went to the club room and changed back to his unifrom before walking to Oikawa to tell him that he had to go home alone today. Before Oikawa could even ask a question about where he needed to be at 10pm at night since most shops would've started to close by now, Iwaziumi just gave a peck on Oikawa's cheeks and ran off. Feeling very upset, Oikawa decided to just pack up and head home but decided to stop by the grocery store to get some food since their apartment was running out of supplies anyways.

As Oikawa walked into the mall, he noticed a very familiar figure walking through a jewellery shop nearby the grocery store. As he got closer, he noticed that it was his one and only boyfriend shopping for what seemed to be rings with the girl that he saw taking to Iwaizumi this morning. This made Oikawa very mad. Was he cheating on him? Who was that girl? As Oikawa peeked a little longer, he noticed Iwaizumi looking at diferent rings and finally picked out a ring that had a small emerald on it. Iwaizumi then took the ring from the sales lady and place it on the ring finger of the girl. The girl then giggled and took pictures of the ring. Iwaizumi looked so happy with her. The pain that Oikawa felt was too much for him to handle at that moment and tears started running down his cheeks. Quickly, he grabbed all of his stuff that was on the floor and hailed a cab to rush home. Insecurities started to sink in. As Oikawa sat down in the tub, memories of their relationship started to flashback. Why did this happen? What was going on? Did he annoyed Iwaizumi too much? Was he a burden? Did Iwaizumi finally found someone better?

Oikawa finally snapped out of his daydream when he realised that the water from the tub had overflowed the tub. He grabbed the knob to release the water and went ahead to change into his pyjamas. His head was still hurting from the thought of Iwaizumi leaving him. Even though Oikawa wanted to regressed to his little age, he knew that if he were to do so, Iwaizumi would've known something was wrong with him. Oikawa knew himself well that if he was still in little age, he did not had the mentality to lie and would say what he was feeling which was what Oikawa did not want Iwaizumi to find out. He didn't want Iwaizumi knowing that he had saw him at the mall today. Looking at the clock that showed a bright red number 11, he wondered why was Iwaizumi still not back home yet. Putting on his earpiece, he hoped that the music could relaxed him from crying to sleep. That obviously did not work.

(I) : " Yes, I'm home. Thanks for today. I really enjoyed myself Hahah. Oikawa? Yes he's asleep. Can't wait to see you tommorow. He won't know, don't worry. Okay have a good night. "

Iwaizumi ended the call. This woke Oikawa up. He heard Iwaizumi moving around, assuming that he was grabbing some clothes to shower before going to bed. Peeking his eyes at the clock, he noticed the time had just turned 1. Why did he just came back. What was he doing this late? This was it..wasn't it, Oikawa thought. Feeling exhausted from crying himself to sleep, Oikawa's eyes slowly started to close, not caring about the feeling that was running through his heart. The last thing he heard before he fell into darkness was the famous three words that he hoped that he could still believe after what had happened today. "I love you".