Akaboku - Burden

Caregiver: Akaashi
Little: Bokuto
Total Words: 1360 words
Pic ©️: @KANAN~ (on Twitter)

(B) : " Akaashi!!"

Bokuto shouted as he ran towards Akaashi. Bokuto and Akaashi have been dating for a year now and life was amazing. Akaashi has always been caring towards Bokuto and loved his little side. Bokuto being a little has been a stress coping mechanism for him for 4 years now. Their relationship started when Akaashi caught him regressing in the gym after they had lost a match to Nekoma, Akaashi agreed to be Bokuto's caregiver. Bokuto knew that Akaashi was comfortable with the idea and relied on Akaashi a lot. Even if the things were very mundane such as following him to the bathroom, he loved to be by Akaashi's side and loves the attention he gets from it as well. Bokuto never onced thought that his actions were too much for Akaashi to handle until he overheard a conversation that happen while he was in the bathroom.

(#1 Stranger) : "Hey, don't you think Bokuto is such a baby hahahah!"

(#2 Stranger) : "It's annoying. He's always Akaashi this, Akaashi that. Does he not find it tiring to rely on Akaashi with almost everything. It's as if he can't do anything by himself."

(#1 Stranger): "He's just a burden to Akaashi. I don't know why Akaashi's even with that idiot. Hey let's go, lunch is almost over"

The stragers left, leaving poor Bokuto in the toilet to reflect back on his life. "Is that how Akaashi feels? Am I too much? Should I end this relationship with him?", Bokuto thought to himself. As much as he tries to ignore what those boys said, there were some truth that comes with it. Bokuto could feel his emotions getting worse and his little side wanting to come out and protect him from feeling such a way. However, Bokuto knew that he couldn't do anything about it since he was in school. Today was suppose to be the day where Fukurodani was suppose to host a 3 days volleyball training camp and he knew he could not skip on this event. Bokuto decided to just keep this feelings and thoughts to himself and try to become more independent so that Akaashi do not feel too burden by being his care giver.

After the whole school day went by, Akaashi knew something was up with Bokuto. Usually Bokuto would've ate lunch together with him and try to come to his class whenever there were breaks in between. This time, it was quiet. No Bokuto screaming his name the whole day. Akaashi started to feel panic at the thought of Bokuto might be feel unwell. As he heard the last school bell go off, Akaashi quickly ran to Bokuto's classroom to find no signs of his little owl anywhere. Weird, Akaashi thought to himself. Akaashi then went to the clubroom to find Bokuto and there he was, sleeping on the floor against his locker. Apparently Bokuto had skip the rest of his classes after lunch as his mood wasn't good and he felt scared that he may accidentally regressed in class. So he felt that it was better that he hide himself instead.

(A) : "Bo. Baby, wake up. Baby, are you okay? What are you doing here? Is something wrong?"

Akaashi called out to Bokuto as he rubbed Bokuto's back gently and pecked his forehead to wake him up. Bokuto who had just finish crying a few hours ago, woke up and was confused to why there was a confused Akaashi staring at him.

(B) : "AHH! Akaashi what are you doing here?"

(A) : "What do you mean what am i doimg here? School ended already and now is time for training? I need your help to set up the classrooms for the other volleyball schools to sleep in after training. Hey are you okay baby? You look tense?"

Akaashi tried to wipe the sweat off Bokuto's forehead but was refused by Bokuto as he jolts up form the floor and smiled.

"Yeah I'm fine! How about you take the futons from the office and I'll clean the classrooms"

"Sure..."

Akaashi looks towards Bokuto with suspicious eyes. There was something wrong with Bokuto but he wasn't telling him anything. Bokuto on the other was still remembering those nasty comments that was said to him and that painful feeling from before returned again. Bokuto quickly went to the respective classrooms and clean the place up, trying to distract himself from crying. After an hour of cleaning and setting up the futon with Akaashi, they head back to the gym for practise. The silence made Akaashi very uncomfortable and finally he had enough.

(A) : "What is the world is wrong with you? "

(B) : "What do you mean?"

(A) : "What do I mean ? First, you don't talk to me all day and then now you give me the silent treatment. Did I do something wrong?"

Akaashi asked sadly. Bokuto couldn't help it anymore and started crying. His little side finally happy to be able to resurface.

(B) : " I'm sowey daddy...I heard people say that I was a burwden to you. I didnt want to make daddy worry about me becawse I'm too much to handel. I'm vewy sowey daddy..."

Bokuto cried as he straddle on Akaashi's lap while wrapping his arm around Akaashi. Bokuto love Akaashi more than anything that the thought of losing him was as if half of him was torn apart. Bokuto's tears started to swell up even more and Akaashi hugged his giant baby owl even tighter.

(A) : " Look baby, I dont know what happen to you but can you explain it to daddy so that daddy can understand? It's okay baby, just breathe. I'm here"

Bokuto nodded his head lighlty and proceeded to tell Akaashi his story. Once done Akaashi hugged Bokuto hard and repeatedly told him that what they said were all lies and that he loved when bokuto relied on him. This showed that Bokuto needed Akaashi as his daddy and that he was a doing a good job as his caregiver. To be able to open up and trust a caregiver is very important to Akaashi and he never wants Bokuto to even feel as if he couldn't rely on him just because the activity may seem boring or simple to others.

(A) : "Baby. Promise me that you would tell me whenever such things happen okay? I never want you to go through this alone. I'm always here. I'm not leaving, not now, not ever."

Akaashi peckes Bokuto on the lips and continue to rock his baby slowly. They quickly changed into their jerseys and head out to practise. A few days later after the training camp had ended and schools were to resume as per normal for the volleyball players, Bokuto was on the way to meet Akaashi for lunch when he was stopped by a group of strangers.

(#1 Strager) : Im sorry Bokuto. I didn't mean to be rude to you. I wouldn't do it again.

(#2 Stranger) : Yes, me too. I'm very sorry.

Just like that, the two idoits ran away while covering their eyes. Bokuto was confused to why they were apologizing to him and why they had a terrified look on their faces. As he looked forward, there he saw. His lovely boyfriend and caregiver, Akaashi, standing there waiting for him,

(B) : " What was that about? "

(A) : "Oh I dont know. I guess some people needed a taste of their own medicine. Who cares, let's go I'm hungry!"

(B) : "How did you know it was them who made fun of me?"

(A) : " Well...I told Mr Ukai about people bullying you and he review the cctv footage outside the bathroom and found those boys coming out of the bathroom before you did. Mr Ukai had probably scolded them and made them apologizes to you by now."

(B) : "I love you Akaashi but sometimes you scare me haha. In a good way of course!"

Bokuto laughs and kisses Akaashi on cheek. Bokuto happily held Akaashi's hand as they walk to the cafeteria to have lunch together.