Sugadai - Captain

Caregiver : Sugawara
Little : Daichi
Total words : 1427 words
This is for -sasukke <3!

(CU) : " Who do you think we should put as the regular setter for the upcoming inter high? Kageyama or Sugawara"

(D) : " Erm, can I think about it? "

(CU) : " Okay, let me know when you have a plan. "

(D) : " Yes, coach! "

Daichi knew this day would come. What should he do? Before Daichi became a captain, he couldn't understand why it was so hard for his old captain to choose the regulars. Wasn't it chosen based on their skills? Now being in the choosing position, he thought otherwise. He already knew the answer to Coach Ukai's question but didn't want to accept it.

Suga wasn't only his teammate but his boyfriend/caregiver as well. He knew how hard Suga has worked to be in the position that he's in today and is in his third year. For the third-year players, they knew that they only had a few competitions left before they needed to leave the team to focus on their studies and graduate from high school. If he chooses Kageyama to be their regular setter, Suga wouldn't have many opportunities to play in matches anymore. However, Daichi also knew that Kageyama had better skills and is needed for their quick duo strategies to work. Daichi felt that he was on the edge thinking about this.

Walking towards the clubroom, Daichi noticed Suga helping Hinata with his receives and felt his heart melt. What should I do, he's a good player but we need Kageyama right now, Daichi thought. An idea popped into his head. Since Daichi knew it was the first time Noya and Asahi will be joining them for a practice match, he decided that he would go and buy drinks to treat his teammates before training. Daichi went to the school cafeteria and saw Noya and Tanaka buying snacks. As he was about to approach them he heard,

(N) : " Hey, who do you think Daichi-san will choose to be our regular setter? "

(T) : " What do you mean, of course, it will be Suga-san "

(N) : " Really? I thought it would be Kageyama. I mean Suga-san is a very good player, but you have to agree that Kageyama's skills are a little better. "

(T) : " I guess. Whatever it is, Daichi-san has the last say in all of this. He is the captain. I'm sure he knows what's best for the team "

(N) : " True. Let's go or else Daichi-san will scold for us for being late. "

Daichi swiftly hid behind a wall, letting Noya and Tanaka pass through without noticing him. Feeling the pressure from what his teammates had said, Daichi could feel his stress level starting to rise. The idea of telling his other half this news broke his heart. Daichi bought the drinks from the stall and went to the gym. He shouted for the team to gather and pass everyone a sport drink. Everyone was confused as to why their captain was giving them a drink.

(D) : " I wanted to treat everyone to something cold before our first match together with everyone on the team. "

Everyone smiled and thanked Daichi for the drink. Suga looked at Daichi face and knew something was up. Suga wondered why he looked so tensed.

(S) : " Hey Daichi can I talk to you for a while? "

(D) : " Oh yeah, s-sure... "

He's going to ask about it, oh no! What am I suppose to even say, Daichi thought.

(S) : " Hey bubs you okay? You seem to be looking a little stress there "

Hearing the nickname "bubs" made Daichi's little side happy. Daichi pouted and hugged Suga.