v. five

DEAD MEAT!

"NOW THAT we're done, how about a kiss?" bryce said, smirking. billie gave him an unamused look, tired after hours of brainstorming.

"you don't stop do you?" billie laughed, sitting up from the bed they were both lying on. bryce sat up after her.

"nope." he said, smirking.

"fine, you get one." the girl said, giving the boy a kiss on the cheek.

"that doesn't count!" he said, trying to grab her hands, her immediately wrestling him back down onto his back. there was a moment of quiet between the two of them, not an awkward silence, a comforting one.

she slowly leaned down to him, giving him a light kiss on his lips. it took bryce a little by surprise that she actually did it but he didn't mind, at all.

"did that count?" she said, smirking to him now.

AS THE boy walked home, he processed what had happened. billie really kissed him and he really had to tell somebody.

as the moonlight shined down upon bryce, he went to the house that was familiar to him from the amount of times he has been there.

he knocked on the door harshly, knowing her guardians wouldn't be there.

"what the hell, bryce?" claire said, with tired eyes and a mad expression. "it's almost midnight, why are you still out?" she questioned, himself pushing past her, going into her living room and laying down her couch.

"i needed to tell somebody about what happened tonight." bryce said, yawning from tiredness.

"what exactly happened?" the dark haired girl said, yawning as well. she sat on her couch, across from the boy.

"so you know how i'm basically a man hoe, right?" he said.

"do i really need to know then?" she said, assuming it was something to do with sex.

"i didn't hookup with anybody, jesus claire, i'm hurt you would think that." bryce said, pretending to be wounded.

"you were saying? what happened?" she asked.

"billie kissed me." bryce said, getting that damned smile back that he had on right after he left the girl's house.

"someone actually kissed you? shocker." claire said, laughing at her own joke.

"oh i'm sure you and grayson have kissed too." bryce said, half joking and half serious.

"SHUT UP, you asshole!" claire said, smacking the boy's leg forcefully. "get out, i'm going back to bed." she was now upset, bryce had gone too far in his joke, since well, she didn't feel that way towards grayson.

"but my guardians will see me if i sneak in and i don't feel like getting smacked in the face for being "disobedient." please claire." bryce asked the girl.

"fine but only this once, you can sleep on the couch." claire said, throwing him a pillow and blanket from ottoman in the living room. "now, i'm going to bed, goodnight." she said, turning off the hallway light and finally laying down.

the thought was still on her mind; grayson was on her mind.

AS THE clock struck 2 am, grayson sighed as he rolled over, not able to sleep through the night. maybe he was thirsty, he told himself. there wasn't anything on his mind in particular but for the past few nights, he had been awake. maybe it was his nightmares about addison and her death or the constant insomnia he had been experiencing.

as he grabbed a glass from the cabinet, trying not to wake his guardians up, he turned on the kitchen faucet, watching as the water filled his glass up. from the next house over, loud sounds contrasted the quiet ones over at his house. it was jensen's guardian, the supposed man of the house was back to his same antics, being abusive towards the teenage girl. just from the window, the boy could tell jensen was experiencing poor mistreatment from the man and grayson did what had to be done. from behind the man, was a shelf, filled with what it looked to be expensive plates. grayson focused on the plates, quickly swinging them into the abusive man, him falling to the floor, to jensen's feet.

JENSEN'S EYES began to water as she went and looked through the window, where she saw nobody standing there, or anyone else around. but she was grateful that it happened, she didn't know what was going to happen to her. she quickly ran down the hall, quickly locking it as she knew something bad was about to happen, as soon as the scary man that was her caretaker, came to from his passing out. jensen feared this man, with everything in her, just like every victim feared her father, freddy krueger.

she pushed her dresser in front of her door with every bit of strength she managed to build up. she quickly put a bag full of her belongings together as she jumped out her window, into a bush outside her house. she ran down the street, her bare feet hitting the pavement after each pace she took. she knew someone from school lived down the next street, someone like her. though he feared the girl, she didn't have any other choice but to go to his house.

she ran to the door of the house, realizing his guardians might be home, she ran around to a window, where she saw the boy at his desk, writing or drawing something. she banged on the window, startling him.

"jensen?" kade said as he opened the window.

"can you let me in, please?" jensen panted, her tears drying to her cheeks.

"o-of course.." the boy stuttered, grabbing her bag and holding her hand, without the razor glove, to help her into his room. kade was indeed scared of jensen, more reasons than one for why he was scared. but in this instance, he tried to push away his fear and help out what seem to be a very traumatized jensen, in dire need of a place to stay.

"IS THERE anything else you need?" kade asked, as she had a blanket wrapped around her shoulders, sitting on a pallet, made for her, on the floor.

"i-i'm alright, thank you for taking me in." jensen said, half awake, in need of some sleep.

kade turned off the lamp that had lit his room. he laid down in his bed, scared of but also relieved for jensen. if it wasn't for him, she probably would've slept on the curb or something. he would never willingly let someone sleep in distress. for once, he was glad he took a chance.

author's note!

hello all! for the sake of the plot, all the
characters live with "guardians" aka
the people that take care and are
responsible for the teenagers in
the cast. all their parents, in this story
are considered dead or in prison. other than
that, i hope everyone is doing well after
wattpad being hacked and everyone is doing
well in general! if you aren't, feel free to
send me a message and talk to me, i don't
want you in a bad mindset or feeling terrible.
i'm always here if you need to vent or get something
off of your chest. love u all 🤍

07.23.20