2: Assembled Pieces

= "Yᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏʟᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ɪᴛ's sʟᴜᴍʙᴇʀ" =

.

--⫷ ✭ ✮ ✭ ⫸--

--⫷ ✭ ✮ ✭ ⫸--

.

Calm and constant wind breezes throughout the entire wide yellow field. The scorching rays of the artificial sun raining down on everything, further making the plants glow in a lively bright yellow color. As well as the red stains that had sprayed in some spots of the field.

Shrill shrieks resounded from all directions. Some of them sounding from far away, while the rest came from nearby. The scent of blood flew, and the aura of oppressiveness hanging in the air is enough to make one tense up.

Sitting on a high rock is a small figure, using her clear mint green eyes to observe what was happening in the entire battlefield while nibbling on a small piece of tangerine. Glancing shortly at the pocket floating just beside her, the girl noted the timer.

"20 minutes more."

She voiced out what was on her mind. The moment the words left her mouth, a movement from behind came into her attention.

From behind a tree not too far away from her, a man had appeared. Wearing a sinister smile while holding a long steel sword that gleams dangerously underneath the scorching sun. Upon laying his eyes on his 'prey', the smile on the man's face widened. His eyes squinted in delight, the dark hues foreboding a danger that was about to come.

There's only a weird looking child with a strange skull head. He didn't know if that was a mask or anything else. Nevertheless, he didn't care. They shouldn't be that hard to deal with. After all, he's aiming to climb the tower just like them.

And it's the survival of the fittest.

"Keh...hehehe-"

Thinking about his ambitions coming into reality, he wasn't able to stop himself from letting out a giggle.

"Creepy..."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." He said, trying to calm himself. "You better not hold a grudge against me. I want to climb the tower so I had to eliminate you. No hard feelings, alright?!"

The man tightened his hands around the handle of his sword, licking his lips as if he was a hunter. Before her attacker could even make a step towards her, Aria had already used the chains dangling from inside the sleeve of her robe to pierce the enemy on the side of his waist. Making it horrible enough to not let him make any more attack.

The man let out a pained cry as he rolled around the ground, clutching his bleeding side.

The girl watched him with writhe in pain, comparing him to an earthworm that had made in contact with salt.