5: Secret Connections

= "Bᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʙʏsᴛᴀɴᴅᴇʀ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴜɴɪɴᴠᴏʟᴠᴇᴅ" =

.

--⫷ ✭ ✮ ✭ ⫸--

--⫷ ✭ ✮ ✭ ⫸--

.

"Ah. The troublemaker is here."

Aguero mumbled out loud.

His voice reached her ears and he watched as her thin brows slowly twitched, meeting up in a confused frown. 'What troublemaker?', the girl clearly had no idea what he was talking about. The young man noticed the basket of fruits on her hands.

'Why only tangerines?'

And he raised a brow.

Aria instantly moved it away from his gaze.

"This is mine, Khun kid." She declared with a huff. "But I came here to check up on Bam."

He stared at her for a few seconds. And of course, Aria stared back without much trouble. If this is going to be a staring contest, she's pretty confident that she wouldn't lose.

Shrugging his shoulders, Aguero moved closer and opened the door. He gestured for her to come inside first and the girl didn't hesitate further. Watching her back, Aguero had some questions forming on his head and he thought that this may be the right time to get an answer to it. That is, if the girl is willing to speak.

Aria looked so simple minded. So he guessed that it will be easy to get some answers from her.

"So..."

He started, breaking the silence that has come over them after they entered the room. The girl hummed in response as she stood just beside Bam's bed. Her hum being a silent signal for him to continue speaking.

"Didn't know that your body is compressed. You're not even that big when decompressed."

Aguero spoke in nonchalance, taking a seat on the chair on the side. His observant sea colored eyes watched her every movement and expression. The pink head remained staring at Bam with a soft smile.

"There are special circumstances."

Aria gave him a side glance.

Just one look at his face and she knew what was coming. There was a curious gleam in his eyes. Typical of Khuns. Not only they were cunning and smart. They're also nosy. Or maybe, it's just this guy. The girl scoffed inwardly as she continued, returning her gaze to Bam's sleeping face.