Reminiscent.

Chapter One

Stanley

1982

I walked upstairs looking at this book. I pressed my hand to the hand on the cover.

"High six," I whispered and sighed. I walked around the empty house, looking around for a place to sleep. I didn't go upstairs and found a room that I decided to sleep.. well 'sleep' in.

That next morning I was walking out when I heard walking around so I walked out to the kitchen and saw a girl. A girl? She was cooking for two, so when she glanced at me for a second, she smiled.

"Ford! Glad to see you awake. Thought you'd be down in your lab." She moved and placed the plates on the table.

"Uh.. I'm not Ford," I mumbled, my heart clenching at the thought of my twin. Thats when her eyes shot at me.

"Oh! Stanley." She said she looked almost angry but also happy.

"Yeah.. me."

"Well, have you talked to Ford yet? Has he told you?" She walked to me.

"Woah wait. Who are you?"

"Oh. My name is Y/N. I'm Ford's Girlfriend." She said and I gawked. Ford? Having a girlfriend. "But I wanted him to tell you-"

"Fords gone," I said interrupting her.

"What-"

"I came last night and.. we got into a fight, an-and I... there was a line he went across. He started floating.. and and.."

"Stan.. you arent telling me.. he went into the portal.." she covered her mouth. I slowly started to nod.

"I-I-I tried to save him, but all he managed to do was throw me this book." I choked and she ripped the book from me.

"His journal." She mumbled and held it to her chest. "What really happened.?"

"We fought.. and I pushed him and he stepped across the line," I said turning around...

"Your back." She said and grabbed me roughly pushing me back into a chair. She put the book down. "As much as I am mad... you obviously didn't mean to... I mean you're brothers." She said grabbing the first aid kit. "You didn't mean to... right?"

"Absolutely not... I was... just mad and he... he got mad too, it's how I got this burn. He pushed me into it." I explained and she pressed a wet paper towel to it but it burned alot. "Ow! What ar-"

"Disinfecting. You have no idea what could be down there." She said and I sighed nodding.

"So you my age or-"

"No, I'm younger than Ford." She mumbled putting a bandage on me.

"Wow, a younger girl."

"Mentally I'm older than you, Ford says... used to say that. But yeah. We met each other when he moved here, I work at the diner and he came in asking for people who'd witness the supernatural. So I stepped up considering I had my research." She explained. "I fell in love with the idea of having someone like me, that believed in this stuff and.. he did too." She looked to the side clenching her hand together. "I'm sorry Stanley but... I can't handle this right now." She choked and walked upstairs. I reached behind me touching the bandage.