Familiar.

Chapter Three

Stanley

1987

It's been 5 years. Y/N has become obsessed, and a total workaholic. She was invested in getting Ford back, but I had a suspicion she was keeping something, I could tell, there was something up. I walked in from outside, the 'murder hut' -name is a work in progress,- just closed for the day, and I saw her reading the journal again. I walked over and took it from her. She looked up at me.

"You need to stop. You need to take a break." I said and she looked down rubbing her head.

"I can't Stanley." She stood up looking at me. "Now give me the journal." she smiled holding her hand out to me. And I shook my head turning around and running upstairs. I heard her following. "Stan!"

"No, you need a break," I said and suddenly felt her grab my ankle and I fell. I looked back seeing a smile on her face, that made me feel better. I smiled got up and continued to run. Suddenly she jumped on my back, making me fall she rolled me on my back and grabbed the journal. I bit my lip looking up at her, i spent 10 years alone after Dad kicked me out, and since Ford disappeared, I've spent 5 with someone, especially with someone like her.. you can't help but appreciate it. She took the book and got up but I kicked her feet and she fell back on top of me making me groan.

"Stanley!" She laughed and I sat up grabbing her tightly.

"Seriously. You need a break." I said and she turned looking at me. She nodded slowly looking sad. I held my hand out and she slowly put the book in my hand. "Also.. is there anything I need to know about?" I asked and she looked away shaking her head no. "You sure?"

"I am. Stanley, it's just.. with him gone I just.. he was my everything. I was on the edge of leaving this stupid town and he ended up walking into the diner on my shift. And then.. we spent a year together.. and then 5 more years.." she said, it did sound like my brother made an impact on her. "He talked about you yknow.." she said looking at the red glass-stained window.

"H-he did?"

"Yeah. About what you did, but he did end up forgiving. He certainly cares for you. Including since he called you here."

"Yeah.. why did he? He has you."

"I wasn't gonna leave him. At all." She said and I nodded slowly.

I wonder how much they loved each other. I wouldn't know.

Y/N

2012: Present Day.

"Stan, what are we gonna do?" I whispered to him in the kitchen, he rubbed his face leaning on the counter. "You.. you gotta call the kids parents. They're bound to know about the shack already, so they gotta know their kids are okay." I said and he nodded. "You call, I'll go out there and be with them," I said Patting his shoulder and turning. He grabbed my hand and I looked at him, he looked defeated, I sighed and hugged him. "We'll be fine Stanley," I whispered and he hugged me back.