Memories.

Chapter Two

Ford

1977

It's been a year since I started researching this town but I felt like.. something was missing. It's been bothering me for weeks now, but I couldn't quit- I heard walking and talking while sitting out here in the woods and I started to think, maybe the people of this town have had encounters. I decided to head down into town, hiding my hands in gloves, I found the diner and walked in, no one paid attention to me, as I sat at the counter area putting my journal on it.

"Cool book." I heard from in front of me and I looked up to see a young girl. She looked about 20 and was in a work uniform, she worked here.

"Uh, thank you. It's a journal I've been writing." I said and she hummed grabbing a cup.

"You like coffee?" She asked and I nodded. She poured me a glass and placed it in front of me. "So a journal about what?"

"This town," I explained. "Everything that mysterious and abnormal. The supernatural."

"Well, sir you have come to the right place." She said and I looked at her. "I'm Y/N. You?"

"I'm Ford," I said and she held her hand to shake, I reached up and shook her hand.

"You aren't the only one with research. Yknow I've lived here my entire life, and I've been writing about what I've seen since I was a child. Though everyone thought I was Coocoo." She said waving her finger in circles beside her head.

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone here acts like it's not real, some are just as dense as this table." She mumbled knocking on the table. "They don't realize, they refuse too." She shrugged.

"Well, why are you not refusing?"

"Because I'm different I guess. My brain always seemed to work differently than others-" She was cut off when a bell went off. "Gimme a second." She asked and nodded.

"Of course." I looked down at the book. Someone who also wondered what was out there. I looked seeing her serving a table, she looked too innocent to be interested. But then again, who am I kidding? I'm just a guy fresh out of university.

"Yknow, aren't you that guy who built that house in the woods.?" I heard as she sat in the chair next to me crossing her legs.

"I am."

"Let me guess, you have.. some type of birth defect that made you interested in this." She said and I looked at her.

"How did you-"

"Well, that's me too, but more of a family member instead." She said and I tilted my head. "My grandma has this thing." She said holding up her hand. "On her left hand, she has an extra small thumb. Growing out of her current thumb, (as my grandma does) and then my dad was a conjoined twin but the twin was too small and died during birth, so he didn't know until he was much older." She said pointing at the side of her thumb.