Chapter 3: Mentally met

Marinette woke up in a cold sweat. She saw him again, in her dreams. She could never remember what he looked like. Besides his eyes. A shade of gorgeous emerald. Dark green spirals coiled from the being that stood in her mind. Tikki flipped over on her pillow and Marinette sighed. She has had this dream about the boy for over six years, but she never told anyone. Even her precious kwami, that has been with her for over five years. She got up and padded to the bathroom. She slipped on the area rug in front of the door, and hit her face on the bathroom counter. Tikki shot up and looked around.

"Wha- What happened? Is it an akuma?" Marinette giggled at the adorable kwami and leaned over the sink. She felt blood pool in her hand from her nose. The girl sighed and looked at her face in the mirror. She could already see her eye starting to bruise up. Tikki flew over to her with a box of tissues. Marinette took it gratefully.

"I just fell and hit my nose. No big deal Tikki, you can go back to sleep." Tikki gave her a concerned glance, but Marinette reassured her with a wave. Tikki flew back over to her pillow and fell asleep. Marinette looked at her alarm clock in annoyance. She still had three hours til she has to start packing. She jumped in the shower and felt the warm water wash the bood from her face. The name over her heart was still dark ink. Not gold yet. Her phone pinged and she got a message from an unknown number.

Hi Mari! Just remember, no matter how many times you block me, I'll always find you. If you dare try to sabotage this trip, it really will be a trip to remember. Especially for you. We wouldn't want anybody to find out anything we try to keep secret. You are very LUCKY that I'm such a good friend. Marinette normally would just roll her eyes and block this number too but the last sentence made her suck in a breath.

What do you mean Lila? three dots appeared on the screen.

I think you know what I mean Marinette. Don't act innocent. You're nothing more than a little bug. Marinette looked over to the sleeping Tikki on her bed. She rested her head on the wall and silently sobbed.

"I'm so sorry I let you down Tikki."

********************************************************************************************************************************

It's her. Damian woke up in a cold sweat. He saw the girl again. Her bright bluebell eyes remained in his mind as he huffed and stood up. He tossed on his robin suit and walked down to the Batcave. Tim was there with a can of espresso.

"Drake." Damian acknowleged, then grabbed his belt. Tim threw a bag at him. Damian gave him a strange look then opened it. Damian's eyes widened. "Is this the-" Tim nodded, excited.

"Yup, new smoke bombs. They just came in. They have frther distance and are scented." Damian wrinkled his nose.

"Why would they need to be scented? We are trying to blind our enemies, not et them be in a Febreze commercial." Tim snorted.

"Well you tell me after patrol how they are. It's your night." Damian gave him a curt nod. He swung his leg over the Robin bike. Tim tossed a helmet to him. Damian raised his eyebrows.

"New helmet too? What does it do?" Tim smirked.

"Music, intercomms, and best of all, it smells like hawaiian breeze." Damian rolled his eyes.

"You have a Febreze problem Drake. For sure." Tim shrugged then tossed the empty can into the mountain at the corner of the desk. Damian started to roll out of the cave, but crashed into the wall. He felt an immense amount of pain in his eye. He ripped off the helmet and felt blood roll down his nose. Tim jumped up and ran over.

"What the hell happened? I thought you were going on patrol? Did the wheel catch on something?" Tim started to ask all these questions. Damian rolled his eyes and held up a hand.

"Drake, I'm fine. I was starting to go out the door, then I felt pain in my eye and my nose started bleeding." Tim knit his eyebrows then smirked.

"It's probably your soulmate." Damian rolled his eyes.

"I already told you, my mother killed her when I was young out of spite that my first word wasn't 'Mother'." Tim laughed.

"If your mother killed your soulmate, something would feel missing. And not their presence, but a part of YOU would die." Damian gave him a look.

"I feel fine. The pain is already gone. I'm going out." Tim rubbed his forehead.

"Good luck kid. Check in, in about three hours." Damian nodded then revved up the bike. He skid out the large door.

"Master Timothy, I believe you are right. Master Damian was injured by his soulmate. Now I believe it is past your bedtime." Tim scoffed and crossed his arms.

"Alfred, I am not a child. I don't have a bedtime." Alfred pursed his lips and Tim ran upstairs. Alfred chuckled.