Chapter 5: reuniting with the past

Between Lila screeching the whole time and Chloe making snarky remarks, Marinette had to say. The trip really wasn't that bad. Some lady on the plane told Lila to shut up. Marinette was laughing her ass off. It was when she got out of the plane gate that she froze. She didn't feel Tikki in her pocket. Tikki popped out of her hood and giggled at the frantic girl. Marinette chuckled and put her glasses back on. A bus arrived to pick up the kids and take them to the nearest hotel, but a sports car quickly pulled up to the curb. Two men were in the front seat. The one in the passenger seat frantically tried to get out of the car.

"Jason I swear to god, I am NEVER letting you drive again. You almost got us into three accidents. You RAMMED into a guy for trying to merge onto the highway!" the man who was the supposed 'Jason' scoffed.

"He cut me off Dick!" just as the bus doors opened the two men strolled over to in front of the doors. The man named 'Jason' had a pair of sunglasses on. The other guy leaned against the bus.

"Monsieurs," Madame Bustier started, "May we please go? We have to get to the hotel. We have a tour later." Jason smiled at her.

"Hi, you must be Mrs. Bustier. I'm the man you spoke over the phone with. Remember? I was supposed to pick up my sister." Madame Bustier smiled brightly.

"Hi sir! She's right here. Marinette, you are going with your brother Jason." Marinette froze. She felt her eyes prick with tears. She shakily answered.

"I don't have a brother anymore." She walked up to the man. "Jason? I thought you were dead. Mama and Papa said-" Jason cut her off with a hug. Dick's jaw dropped. Jason released her. The rest of the kids give the men a strange look but got on the bus.

"How are ya sunshine? It's been quite some time." She smiled through her tears, and took off his glasses. He laughed and took off hers then froze. "Nette, who did this to you?" Marinette shakily sighed.

"My bathroom counter." Jason cackled and held his stomach through his laugher. Marinette's mood changed immediately. She angrily slapped him in the face. The crack was heard through the street. Dick sucked in a breath. She took the collar of his shirt.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD YOU ASSHOLE! YOU DIDN'T EVEN THINK TO CALL OR TEXT? YOU ARE MY BROTHER JASON!!!" she was beyond pissed. Jason just laughed. Marinette started shaking and crying hysterically. Jason wrapped his arms around her small form and pointed Dick to the car. He nodded. Jason picked Marinette up and placed her in the backseat. He slid in next to her. Dick put her luggage in the trunk and jumped in the front seat.

"Look, I'm sorry Mari, but I had things to take care of here." She sniffled and glared at him.

"Like what? And how the hell can you afford this car. It just screams rich kid." Jason laughed as Dick stuttered.

"Marinette, this car is my baby." Marinette snorted. Jason smiled.

"Well, for some reason, someone adopted me, and that's my brother Dick. He's ok. He has a weird cereal obsession though." Marinette giggled.

"It's nice to meet you Dick. Did you just- you're a cop aren't you?" Dick stuttered again and Jason once again laughed.

"Well, yes, you could say that. How did you know?" Jason chuckled.

"Dickie bird, she's more observative than Timbo." Dick's eyebrows raised, impressed. She tilted her head.

"Who's Timbo?"

"My other brother. There's Dick, Tim, and Damian," she snapped her eyes up to him at the last name. It didn't go unnoticed by Dick. "Steph, Cass, Babs are my sisters." Dick looked in the rearview mirror.

"I noticed you perked up when Jay mentioned Damian. Do you know him?" Marinette shook her head and Jason scoffed.

"Probably a good thing too, the littleprick is the Spawn of Satan." Dick gave Jason a look as Marinette cracked up.

"He must be pretty bad for you to call someone the Spawn of a Demon." Jason nodded seriously.

"He is a scary kid Mari, even I will admit I am terrified of the little brat. Just because he's the blood son he thinks that he is all that." Jason crossed his arms while Dick laughed.

"He's not that bad Mari, you get used ot him. Jason's just mad that Dami stole his favorite pistol." Marinette laughed.

"Jason? He took your gun? I'm shocked the kid isn't dead. How old is he? He sounds like he's a three year old." Dick snorted. Jason smirked and answered smugly.

"He's seventeen. And your right, he does act like a three year old because with just a 'daddy can I please' he gets whatever the hell he wants." he crossed his arms. Marinette chuckled.

"He sounds annoying."

"That's the nice part about him. The best you'll see him."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Pennyworth, where's Grayson? He's going to be late for dinner soon." Alfred sighed.

"He is on his way. He went with Master Jason to pick up Jason's... guest." Damian knit his eyebrows.

"Who?" Alfred placed down the last plate.

"Miss Marinette I believe. For years Master Jason has spoken highly of her. Ever since he first moved here as a child. He thinks of her as a sister. They grew up together." Damian rolled his eyes.

"If she's his sister, I bet she's a real-" Alfred glared at him.

"Master Damian, if I hear any profanity come out of your mouth before you even meet the girl, then god have my soul." Damian's mouth snapped shut and he looked back at his book.

She probably doesn't evven have manners.