Chapter 10: The click of the camera is as dangerous as the wit of the tongue

"You're joking Damian." he shrugged.

"That was all over the media a few years ago. How have you not seen it?" she knit her brows.

"Her whole file was wiped." she gasped, "That's why the principal kept calling her down! To figure it out!" Damian nodded.

"She is in Gotham?" Marinette nodded.

"She's with Madame Bustier's class. Actually, she probably came up with some reason to why I'm not there. Probably saying I ditched the class or something." He crossed his arms.

"Well, I'm sure the problem will be....... resolved soon." She rose her brow.

"Damian.... what is that supposed to mean?" he snapped his glance forward.

"Nothing. Anyways, I'm sure she'll get caught" he said that last part a bit quieter. Marinette rolled her eyes.

"To be honest Damian, I think she'll lie her way out. How much further is the walk?" Damian gave her a look.

"It's not that far.... though, I believe the weather man said that we will most likely run into-" she felt a drop on her forehead. She scrunched her nose and looked up at the sky, another drop hit her cheek and rolled down the side of her face. Damian snickered.

"What's so funny? It's starting to rain." an amused smile splattered over his face. She gave him a look. "What?"

"You, your expressions. It's like you never saw rain before." he joked, leaving a different look on her face. He scowled. "Why are you making that face at me?"

"Because..... you just smiled.... you just made a joke. And it wasn't mean." he rolled his eyes.

"You make it sound as if I am a rude old man. I have a life you know. And I'm only mean to those who deserve it." she rose a brow.

"You snapped at me earlier, I guess I deserved it?" he threw his head back in frustration.

"No, but your brother definitely did." he lashed, Marinette sighed and pat his arm.

"Yes, yes. We already agreed on that. Now. It's time to stop acting like an edgy teenager and it's time to go in there." she pointed to the small cafe at the end of the block. He rolled his eyes and followed the small girl into the store. 

"Why do we need to go in here? It's almost dinner and this will keep you awake." he protested as she dragged him through the doorway. There were little to no customers in the tiny shop, so there wasn't much of a line.

"Hi!" Marinette chirped, "Can I please get a High Voltage with five shots of espresso? Thank you!" she beamed at the worker taking her order. The man gave her a funny look, then walked to his station, to complete the strange request.

"You were literally in here for not even five minutes, and you know what to order? And off  the menu I might add? Along with how that can kill you?" Damian questioned, she looked around the shop.

"Yep, kinda just hoped they had it. Now! If Jason doesn't show up to dinner I'll kick his ass so far he'll end up in Guam." she clapped her hands as the man behind the counter shot her a weird glance and pushed the cup under the glass. She placed ten bucks in his hand, not minding the change, and they strolled down the sidewalk. Damian kept shooting her funny faces, but she paid him no mind. She turned around, looked him in the eye, and downed the whole thing. Damian shot her a disgusted look.

"You will be sick." he crossed his arms. She smiled brightly at him.

"But at least I'll be awake!" she chirped, skipping down the sidewalk. A car was speeding down the bend through a giant puddle-