Chapter 9

Eklaire woke up early in the morning, her eyes still shut tightly as she thouabout the events happening. A smile graced her face, like always. It has always been like this; Her life. It's always filled with unexpected events.

Eklaire thanked a certain someone in her mind, since she can't thanked him personally anymore. Thinking about that man, Eklaire smiled sadly. That man influenced her thinking greatly.

She actually thought that it's funny. The person who's so cold, rude and cocky as a kid grew up so polite, funny...and still a little cocky. It's a shame that.... he's already dead.

"What a shame." She muttered, before a sigh escape her lips. "Perhaps you're happy...since you're little brother is actually causing ruckus wherever he went, and his name slowly spreading throughout the world."

A genuine smile appeared on her face, her she slowly opened her eyes. For a second, her crimson eyes changed in a shade of dark pink before returning to it's crimson color.

Eklaire smile and sat up, she removed the blanket from her body and walked towards the window, opening the curtain and allowing the sunlight to enter the room; to light up the dark room. Thinking that it wasn't enough, Eklaire completely opened the window.

She look up, her face being hit softly by the warm early sunlight. Her pale white skin looked so sensitive that people who could see this scene might panicked about her skin being burned by the sun. However, unlike the tale where Vampires are scared of Sunlight, Eklaire was simply unaffected, not in the slightest; because she became a bloodless being through some failed experiments, a human made chemicals.

Eklaire smirked, and her eyes lost the emotions she had shown the moment she woke up.

"Watched over me, Fire Face...whether I could turn myself back into normal or not." She softly muttered, grinning sadistically as she turn around and lazily lean her arms at the window. Her eyes swept through the interior of the room provided for her.

It was spacious, bigger than her previous researching house in Flevance. The only difference is, this room is not for researched, and was meant for Sleeping and changing purpose instead.

Thinking about her time in Flevance, something came acrossed Eklaire's mind. Her eyes slightly widen, the laziness of her being disappear as she pushed herself away from the window and looked around frantically.

"Where the hell did I...." She asked herself, trailing her words as she tried to think the events that unfold yesterday.

' That bones are the only one intact that well! There's no way I'll let it be without good examination! '

Eklaire cursed under her breath before opening the door in the walk in closet. The room looked empty, since Eklaire ain't a materialistic person, and some of her clothes remained on her bag.

Walking at her luggage, Eklaire rummaged through it and took out a black blouse and white knee length skirt. After that, Eklaire walked into the bathroom to do everything that's necessary and changing into that new set of clothes.

Once she's out, she reentered the Closet and grab another set of lab coat, putting along it was her Cloak.

Eklaire sigh, deciding to take a visit to the new lab Judge provide her. She walked towards the door, and yet before she could touch the handle, a soft knock came from outside.

Eklaire raised her eyebrow, Blueberry? She first thought, but shake the thought away. Nah, he doesn't seemed like someone who would knocked nicely.

"Who is it?" Eklaire asked calmly, thinking of the another possibility. She thought it's a guard, or perhaps a maid.

However, she didn't thought that.....

"It's Reiju, Bloodless-san. Can I enter?"

The calm and melodious voice of the sole princess of Vinsmoke Castle was actually the one that she heard, not the guard and neither was it the Maid.

'Wow, she actually visit me early in the morning herself? Seems like Germa still has someone worthy to befriend.' Eklaire thought.

Not expecting it was the Princess, Eklaire zoned out for a while, actually not answering.Then, she heard yet another knock.

"Bloodless-san?" Reiju asked softly.

Eklaire snapped out of her thoughts, a smile again came back into her face as she opened the door, her naturally sadistic smile was what greeted Reiju, who look at her confused.

"Well, Well, Well...What brings you here, Princess?" Eklaire asked and placed her arm into the handle of the door, leaning to it lazily, having no intention of inviting her in quickly.

Reiju frown a little but still smile, "Bloodless-san, Father wanted you to join us in breakfast, would it be okay?" She asked calmly, showing no signs of disturbance.

However, just from her simple frown, Eklaire has already seen through her act.

Eklaire smirk, "Reiju-san, I usually don't eat breakfast. Could you guide me to my new lab instead? It wouldn't be a bother, yes?"

Reiju pause, but smile and nodded. "It is not. But, are you sure you wouldn't have breakfast? If I remember, you did not eat a dinner last night."

Seeing her little half genuine and half fake concern, Eklaire grin. "How kind of you. Well then, I'll have breakfast in the lab if it's okay?"

"It is. Now, shall we?"

"Well, let's go then."

Shutting the door close behind her, Eklaire grin and followed Reiju who waited for her.

===

In the throne room, the Vinsmoke family was complete, with only two people missing. Judge was sitting in his throne, Reiju was drinking a cup of tea calmly and Yonji sat quietly in his designated seat, his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes were calmly closed.

A minute had passed, the large door was pushed open and there came in the two eldest and second son.

"We're here, Father." Ichiji/Niji.

Judge look down, and nodded with a smile. "Good. Sit down and let's have breakfast."

Ichiji, wearing his usual dark shirt and cravat, walks calmly towards his seat, with Niji following closely behind with a frown. His light shirt, unlike usual, has a loose black tie which seemed to be lazily put on, not his usual Dark Blue Tie.

"Ichiji, Niji, What took you so long?" Reiju asked, putting down her cup with a smile. Her smile, of course, is fake.

When Niji sat down, his eyes quickly look at the empty seat on his left. His frown deepened and he glance at Reiju.

"Where's that woman?" He asked, a little annoyed at the missing presence.

Last night, he actually had a problem sleeping.

The Reason?..... Simple. It's obviously Eklaire.

Reiju raised her eyebrow and look at Niji weirdly. "My, My, are you perhaps interested in her?" She asked teasingly.

Yonji opened his eyes, a smirk appearing in his face. "Niji, I didn't know you like that type of woman." He added, then he laugh and stopped with a disappointing smirk. "What a shame her face got ruined. Rumours is really a made up lie."

Hearing that, Niji snorted. This idiot! I can't believe he actually believe her. He thought.

Just then, Reiju decided to speak, a smile gracing her face.

"Actually, I think she's lying."