Chapter 17

"F*ck this..." Niji muttered to himself as he stared at the small mirror in his right hand. His eyes stared at the two red dots on his neck, adding to the fact that his left shoulder became numb to the point he can't even feel it.

Niji was wondering why he could feel something like this when his body was modified. However, if you really think about it, the he has a high endurance but that doesn't mean he couldn't feel pain.

Without a care, he throw the Mirror somewhere and laid himself into his bed, an exhausted sigh escaping his lips. He clearly walked out of his room filled with anger and frustration, paired up with his lack of sleep and pent up fatigue, then he came back more exhausted but feeling blissfully irritated.

Niji click his tongue and closed his eyes, and thankfully, instead of that Monster In his dreams, it was the the shadowed face of the real one he met this earlier. The Red eyes that glowed under those hood was as fascinating as it could be, and the coldness Niji felt was replaced by a comfortable warmth.

He tried to think about it and the disgusting words the creature in his dreams have said has been forgotten. The one echoing in his mind was the words Eklaire said to him before she ditched him, again.

"Heh~ Out tour will be tomorrow. Right, Your left shoulder must be numb. It was the first so you'll feel it in an hour. A few more try will lessen this kind of effect. Have a good rest, Blueberry~"

Since the injection has effect for exact 10 minutes, Niji was left sitting on the fancy couch, unable to move as he watched Eklaire gave a him a light peck on his cheek and, once again, left with a melodious laughter.

Feeling the soft mattress he was laying, Niji for the first time felt the sweet call of his bed, as though it was inviting him to sleep, which he did.

Not a second later and Niji quickly fell asleep, not bothering to fixed his open shirt, clearly not thinking that someone would enter his room.

That's right, because an hour after Niji fall asleep, Reiju walked in without knocking.

"Niji, Father wanted to see y—eh?"

Reiju's words quickly fell into a stopped as she stared at the sleeping figure of her brother, a weird expression suddenly appearing in her face.

This.....

With a frown, Reiju closed the door before walking towards Niji, who's body laid on the bed silently.

She bend down and noticed a stain of blood in his shirt. Curiously, Reiju pulled at his shirt lightly before pausing.

Staring at her little brother, Reiju's eyebrow furrowed.

He's not waking up? Usually, a slight noise would stir him awake.

Surprise that Niji was heavily asleep, Reiju took it as a chance and carefully examine his shoulder to his neck, before pausing at two red dots on his neck.

It was noticeable because the dots were bright red, like it was some kind of tattoo.

Reiju's eyes widen, This kind of marks....could it be..?

Just before Reiju could look further and touch the red mark in Niji's neck, A cold hand suddenly caught her own and, without hesitation, gripped it tightly.

"Don't push your luck a little too far." Said a voice coldly.

Reiju blink before smiling fakely, "Ara~, Niji, you're awake~"  she said playfully before trying to pull her hand away using her own strength.

To her surprise, she easily managed to and his brother quickly sat up, a cold glare was immediately directed to her.

"Reiju, What the f*ck do you think you're doing in my room?" Niji coldly asked, feeling annoyed at the disruption of his sleep.

However, instead of answering him, Reiju smirked and narrowed her eyes at her little brothers neck.

A look of interest and doubt was visible on her eyes.

"Niji, were you bitten by Miss Bloodless?"

The answer to that particular question was certainly very obvious that even a young fourth grade schooler who knew about vampires could answer it with ease.

The prince frowned, "What's it to you?" He coldly asked before pushing Reiju away a little harshly.

Well, what do you expect from someone who's mean and have a mood that never improved whenever a certain someone do unexpected things worthy to be angry about?

"Awww, how uncute of you." Reiju said, causing Niji to frown deeply. A smile made it's way to Reiju's face. "Well, now that you're awake, changed your clothing and meet Father. He's waiting at the throne room."

Hearing that, Niji attention was clearly caught.

Do they have a mission?!

Was the first question that entered Niji's mind. For the first time, he was reluctant to participate into this mission, knowing too well that he would missed a big opportunity he have been waiting for a whole while.

Before he could asked what their Father is calling him for, his dear great of a sister left with hurry, as though running away so she wouldn't have to answer his questions.

"That woman..." Niji muttered in anger, clearly aware that Reiju has left him in hurry on purpose.

Clicking his tongue, Niji touched the wounds on his neck. He felt....nothing.

The numb makes half of his shoulder to his left arm unable to feel, and Niji wasn't sure whether he could moved it with ease since it felt like his arms weren't in his control.

With a sigh of irritation, Niji stood up and entered his walk-in closet, changing into a white shirt before wearing a black tie.

"I would have to find that wimpy Vamp later if there's really a mission." Niji muttered and look down, clicking his tongue in irritation as he tried to fixed his tie, only to fail miserably because of his left hand.

Seeing no sense in trying to fixed it when he can't, Niji just let it hung loosely on his neck.

After that, Niji walked out and saw someone familiar.

Those hood, the height and the familiar time to time chuckles....Niji wouldn't be able to mistake it for someone.

What's more when those crimson eyes met his own through the goggles he was wearing.

Almost immediately, a wide smile tug at the Vampire's face and, without any sense of formalities, greet him so cheerfully.

"Yo, Mr.Prince. A relief to see you're doing well."

"....."