BLOODLUST SERIES #9: KIM MINGYU

BLOODLUST SERIES#9: KIM MINGYU

WONU WON ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

---

(1625)

"HIDE FROM THE GRIM!"

Those were your mother's last words before she passed away.

You ran as fast as you can as the Grim Reaper chased you from behind!

You run deep into the woods and tried to lure the Grim. You created an illusion of you running in different directions.

You looked back and found him gone.

You heaved a sigh.

But then, someone hiding behind the dark woods covered your mouth and pulled you somewhere.

"Hush. Come and run away with me," the guy whispered.

Kim Mingyu, it's the name of the guy who saved you.

---

(2025)

You wiped off the dust on top of an old book. Words written in an old English font was then revealed.

"L' HISTOIRE DE LA MORT"

The intriguing cover was enough to switch on your curiosity. You briefly scanned through the pages. It was a book filled with hand-drawn illustrations.

"ONCE UPON A TIME...A LADY FOUND A BOOK."

You stopped flipping the pages as soon as those words caught your attention. That was the only sentence written in the book. Nothing more, nothing less.

Usually 'Once upon a time' is written on the first page, but here, it was oddly written on a page that was nearly on the ending.

You felt goosebumps for no absolute reasons. It was just a book you found while rearranging the books on your deceased grandmother's shelf.

You quickly browsed back to the first few pages.

Illustrated on it is a lady running away from the Grim. It was filled with images that portrayed how the lady escaped from Death and met a man.

You flipped the book back to its second page and stared at the portrait of a handsome lad. It was a portrait taken from the year 1625.

"He looked exactly like..." you gasped when a familiar image flashed inside your head.

"Kim Mingyu?" you uttered.

1625, it was exactly the same year when the Grim chased you back in the woods.

Though illustrations were faceless, it was clear as day, the book was telling everything that happened to you from all those ages.

It was then you realized that you've been hiding from the Grim for four long centuries already. You've managed to live a long life!

Out of nowhere, you jumped out of fear and dropped the book when you heard a shutter.

A camera flashed!

"Pft," the man chuckled as soon as your ugly photo came out straight from his antique polaroid camera.

"Aish! You scared me!" you screamed.

Your fangs almost came out. The guy was nothing but your vampire butler, Kim Mingyu. The both of you came from two different vampire clans.

He held your hand and pulled you out of your grandmother's room. After the Grim chased the both of you years back, you both ran away and went hiding in your ancestral house located in France.