•6•

I take my morning jog down the mile long dirt path between the house and the front gate. I feel really uncomfortable, knowing someone could be out there and watching me. I have no reason to be scared when I'm inside the gate though, we have amazing security and absolutely no one could get in here.
I hear a noise and stop in my tracks instantly. The sound of someone walking through the trails in the Forrest surrounding our house puts me on edge. It could just be an animal, or I'm just hearing things.
My hand rests lightly over my gun, ready to pull it if I need to.
The crackling sound of twigs happens again, and I quickly pull my gun, turning around.
"Holy shit it's just me!"
Eli stands there, hands raised slightly. I lower my gun quickly, and put it away.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry Eli!" I apologize.
"Didn't know going on a little hike would almost get me shot." He laughs lightly.
"I'm sorry.. I'm on edge with this whole stalker thing." I say.
We continue to walk back towards the house together and talk.
"So I heard she showed up again yesterday" he says.
"Yep." I nod.
"While you were out getting breakfast with Harrison.." he adds in a weird tone.
"Don't even start with that, Eli." I warn.
"I'm just saying." He shrugs. "You basically went on a breakfast date with him."
"No. He crashed my plans and we just happened to get hungry and decide to get food. That's all." I explain.
"Mhmm." He hums, obviously judging me as we reach the front door. We go inside and see Tom walking down the hallway, grabbing his keys.
"Hey Darlin' wanna go for a ride with me?" He asks.
Eli gives me a look, and I glare at him.
"I have a lot of work to do, next time though." I smile.
"Alright, see you later." He says, leaving the house.
"You're just getting all the lads aren't you?" Eli teases and I nudge him with my elbow, walking off to my room to shower and clean myself up for the long work day ahead of me.
After showering, I just throw on a super big oversized T-shirt that I normally sleep in, and some biker shorts. This is the ultimate comfort outfit. I couldn't care less if I don't look cute right now.
I head down to the kitchen, grabbing a few snacks from the fridge to eat while I work. I feel hands on my waist, and I turn around to see Dominik.
"Yeah first of all you're not going to touch me." I say, grabbing his wrists, and pulling his hands off my waist. "Second of all you're going to never even look in my direction again because if I see you even glance at me I will break each finger off your pathetic little hands and throw them in the blender do you understand?"
"I- Uh- yeah." He stutters, quickly leaving the room as all the other guys divert their attention elsewhere.
"Impressive." Haz comments as he enters the kitchen.
"Didn't expect a girl to be able to stick up for herself?" I ask.
"Most girls aren't like you." He says.
"Seems you haven't spent much time with girls." I say, making his mouth drop slightly.
"I spend time with girls." He scoffs.
"Oh I'm sure you do." I nod sarcastically, making him even more irritated before walking back to my office with all my snacks.
I sit down in my chair, opening the bag of crisps as I scroll through the emails. I get to one from a name I've never seen before.
Alderidge45
That's my last name.. who could this be?
I click the email, my confusion growing even more as I read what it says.
Where's my payment?
Why was my dad sending this person a payment? And why is my last name their email name? We don't have family.. they were cut off a long time ago, and he's never told me of giving anyone money before.
I type an email back.
What payment? And who is this?
I wait impatiently, nervously to see who I owe money to now that my father is gone and can't take care of it. I hope he hasn't left me with some big enemy that I have to keep happy.
I forward the email to Haz, knowing he'll throw a fit if I don't let him in on this. He's so aggravating to work with, but as a person he's not all bad.
I check my schedule, seeing that there's a trip to Lancaster scheduled tomorrow that my father and I were supposed to go on and make a few big deals. I completely forgot about that.. I pick up my phone, calling Haz's.
"You do realize I'm right down the hall?" He says.
"Yeah whatever. Tomorrow there is a flight scheduled at five to go to Lancaster. I was suppose to go with my father but I can take Eli instead." I explain.
"No, I can go with you." He says.
You've got to be kidding me right now..
"Really, Eli will be more than happy to-"
"I will go with you. End of discussion."
He hangs up and I groan, throwing the phone down. He's the most frustrating person I've ever come in contact with in my life.
After a long day of working, I head downstairs to the kitchen to see Tracy. I walk in, smelling a very familiar meal being cooked for me.
"Chicken parm." I smile as I sit down, watching her cook.
Every Friday my dad and I have chicken Parmesan, our favorite meal, and eat it in the backyard and shoot guns together to end the long work week. It's the first Friday without him here.. I can't believe it's already been almost a week..
"I hope it's okay I went ahead and made this." She says.
"Of course." I smile. "It helps me to still feel close to him.."
"Oo What smells so good?" Tom asks as he walks into the kitchen.
"Chicken parm, wanna join me?" I ask. I really don't want to be alone right now because when I'm alone I cry, and I really don't want to cry.
"Absolutely." He nods.
Tracy plates up our food, handing it to us. I thank her and lead Tom out to the table in the backyard where my dad and I always ate.
We sit down and Tom gives me a concerned look.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"I'm fine." I nod, cutting into my food.
"No.. you're really not."
Why is Tom so kind and caring? It makes it so hard to keep him at an arms distance away.
"I just.. miss my dad." I shrug. "He was the only family I had."
Tom frowns slightly, sighing.
"Well, we might not be blood, but I can tell every single person in this house loves you." He says.
Tom is such a sweetheart. He knows exactly what to say to make a person feel special and happy. I absolutely adore this boy already, he's so wholesome.
"I think I'm going to like having you around Tom."

A/N: I just wrote a later chapter and when I tell you it's the cutest thing I've ever written🥺🥺 y'all are gonna love this book.