•8•

That woman followed us to the airport.. how did she even know where we were going? Or even get past the first gate? She has to have some sort of connection to be able to know this information.
"You're kidding." I breath out. "What does this woman want with me?!"
"Well, I do have some good news. They were able to plant a tracker on the car since no one was in it, so as long as she doesn't go searching, we will be able to see where she is all the time." He assures me.
"And what are we going to do?" I ask.
"You aren't going to do anything. The guys and I will figure it out." He says.
"The guys and I?" I scoff, mimicking him. "Are you seriously still doubting my capabilities because I'm a girl?!"
Haz stands from his seat, an amused look on his face.
"You still seriously think I'm keeping you out of trouble because you're a girl?" He laughs. "Aurie, I know you can single handedly take down any man in that house if you wanted to."
"Then why didn't I get the mob?" I ask.
"Because. Your father didn't want what happened to him, to happen to you. You being a girl doesn't make you less able, it just makes you a bigger target."
"Okay.. so he wanted to protect me. No offense but.. why you? Why not Eli? Or someone else?" I think aloud.
"Because, darling." He starts. "No one in that house is more capable of protecting you and keeping you out of harms way, than I am."
This whole time, I thought my father just left the mob to Haz because he thought I couldn't handle it, or because he didn't believe in me. He just wanted me to have it better than he did. He didn't want me to always have to be looking over my shoulder and wondering when someone will come for me. Although that is still a worry, it's not as big when Haz is running things. I can start to understand now..
"You really think I could take any guy in that house?" I ask with a smirk.
"Please." Haz laughs. "You we're trained better than any of those men. Your dad made sure of it. Course you couldn't take me but-"
"I couldn't take you? Let's go right now Osterfield!" I laugh.
"Why are you always trying to start a fight with me?" He asks with a grin.
"Because I totally could take you." I state.
"Oh I thought it was because you wanted to get your hands on me." He teases and I roll my eyes.
There's a knock on the door, that definitely is my room service. I walk over and open the door, seeing a smiling older woman.
"Mrs. Alderidge?" She asks.
"Yep that's me." I smile.
She bring the big tray of food in, setting it on the table. I thank her and she leaves.
"Do you wanna stay and watch a movie? I got more than I can eat." I ask Haz.
"Yeah, sure." He nods.
I don't really know why I invited Haz to stay, but after getting past the first awkwardness of it all, we had a great time eating junk and watching the movie. He can be a real hard ass, but now that we're not working, and just hanging out, he's a whole different person. He smiles, he laughs, he's a lot more like Tom. I can now see why they're friends and how they get along.
"And that's the last one for you." Haz says, grabbing the beer bottle from my hand and setting it aside.
"Scuse' me?" I say.
"You can't be hung over tomorrow. You're my secret weapon." He comments.
"How so?" I ask.
Haz pauses the movie, sitting up to face me.
"Every guy we're meeting with tomorrow is 30 or younger, single, and you're as Tom likes to say 'gorgeous' so." He shrugs.
Tom called me gorgeous?.. I feel a warmth in my stomach from that, thinking Tom finds me attractive. He's not bad himself, In fact he quite literally looks like a god.
"So you want me to flirt us a deal?" I ask.
"Yes exactly." He nods and I laugh.
"That's terrible." I shake my head. "Using me to seduce them into giving us money."
"Well we gotta use you for something." He says and my mouth drops, making him laugh.
"Just when I was starting to like you, and you had to ruin it." I groan.
"Aw you're starting to like me? How cute." He says.
"I hate you."
"It's okay I hate you too." He shrugs, and we continue our movie.
_____
I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, groaning to myself and I reach over to grab it. As I pat the bed searching for the phone my hand hits a figure, making my eyes shoot open.
"Hands to yourself." Haz groans, pushing my hand away.
Whoops. We accidentally fell asleep while watching movies all night.
I get my phone, putting it to my ear.
"Yeah?" I answer.
"You don't sound like Harrison." I hear, and quickly realize it was Haz's phone that was ringing, not mine.
"Fuck." I mutter under my breath, throwing the phone over to land on Harrisons chest. He groans at the contact, putting it on speaker.
"What's up mate?" Haz mutters.
"So you fucked the hottie?" Tom comments in a tone and I can't help but laugh slightly.
"No i fucking didn't." Haz says, taking the phone off speaker and putting it to his ear.
I get up from the bed, and grab a few things before headed to take a shower. Getting inside, I start to clean myself up and wash my hair. Like Haz said, I have to get my flirt on today. I hear some noise outside the shower and I peek my head out of the curtain and see Haz brushing his teeth.
"Haz what the fuck!" I exclaim.
"Calm down pissy pants it's not like I'm getting in the shower with you." He mutters, spitting toothpaste out into the sink.
I roll my eyes, continuing with my shower. Didn't realize this trip would bring Haz and I this much closer.