•32•

The sight of the man in front of me makes my hands shake. He did so many awful, painful, torturous things to me. He enjoyed it. Now he's in worse shape than I was in, karma really is a bitch.
"Aurie you should step out for this." Haz says to me.
"No.. I want to hear what he has to say." I state.
Haz looks nervous, and it's definitely not because of the man.. what is wrong with him?
"I really think you should go upstairs." He says.
He's hiding something from me..
"Haz.. just tell me." I say.
The man breaths heavily in the chair, feeling grateful that I'm distracting Harrison and he gets a break.
"You really don't need this.." he shakes his head.
"I deserve to know why this is happening to me." I state.
"Jesus Christ.. you have a brother." The man says.
"I- what? Haz?" I turn to my boyfriend, confused and upset.
"Go upstairs, give me fifteen minutes and we will talk." He says.
My shocked frozen state breaks, and I quickly run up the stairs and make my way to his office. I can't even believe the information I just heard.. a brother? I thought I was an only child.
I really just can't believe that's true, that man is crazy and Haz will walk up here soon and tell me that he was joking, that it's not true.
The fifteen minuets feels like fifteen hours as I wait for it to pass, finally the door opens and I quickly stand from my seat. Haz steps inside, shutting the door behind him.
"Haz?" I say in a questioning tone, wanting him to just tell me everything is okay.
"Babygirl I need you to listen to me.. this will be taken care of. Okay?" He says.
"I have a brother?" I ask.
"Yes." He nods. "His name is Marcus Dayley. I met him the other day."
"You met him?!" I exclaim. "You met my brother and didn't tell me?!"
"You don't get to be mad at me I'm just trying to protect you!" He says. "You've been through too much this past month."
"I can't believe this.." I sigh.
"He wants the mob, he thinks he should get it instead of you and is giving threats so I put a tracker in his car which led to the guy downstairs." He explains.
"He's the one who texted me that he got two down and one to go." I say, coming to the realization that I've actually spoken to him.
"I got the information I need. I will take care of this and everything will be okay." He assures me. "I have a plan."
"A plan?" I ask.
"We're going to send him a video.." he starts. "A warning. Your going to put a bullet in that mans head, as much as I want to do it, it's a more powerful statement if you do."
"What's that gonna do?" I ask.
"Scare him." He says. "I noticed this trait he has when we met. He's overly cocky and talkative which usually means he holds no real power. He uses it as a defensive tool to make himself seem more intimidating than he is. Which luckily for us means he also scares easily."
"You are impressive." I smile.
"I try." He says.
I make my way back down the steps of the basement, the man looking much worse now. He definitely took a beating from Haz for what he did to me. Haz grabs the mans phone off the table, and pulls up the camera.
"What are you doing?" The man asks, barely able to speak.
"Sending a message." Haz says.
I pull the gun from my holster, and press the cool metal to the mans temple. He's given up, he's ready to die and I'm ready for him to die too.
I hear the camera start filming and take a deep breath, pressing the trigger and shooting the man in the head. His body falls forward, life leaving him.
"Good job." Haz says, pressing send on the video.
I normally feel no remorse for a kill.. and this man was so terrible to me, but I feel bad. Why do I feel bad?
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"I think I feel bad for killing him." I say.
"Aurie, baby that's natural." He says. "But it had to happen."
"I know." I nod. "It's just weird killing someone that was already so close to death. Normally they give some nasty remarks or violent comments.. he just sat and waited for it to happen."
"Come on, let's get out of here and wait for a response." He says, pulling me up the staircase and out of the death filled room.
We make our way into the living room as the sunset shines through the window. I love the way the orange light hits Haz's blonde hair. He's so beautiful.
He sits down on the love seat, pulling me down into his lap and brushing through my hair with his fingers. He presses kisses all over my face playfully, making me laugh.
"How'd I get such a hot girlfriend?" He giggles, slapping my ass hard. I jump slightly, my lip catching between my teeth.
"Ah you like that?" He questions, making my cheeks heat up as I hide my face in his chest. "Cmon Darlin I wanna know what you like."
I simply nod, giving him his answer. Although I can't see him, I can feel his cocky smirk rise on his face.
We hear someone walking down the hallway, and I lift my head to see Tracy walking in with a plate of food in each hand.
"Made dinner, here you go." She smiles, handing us the plates.
"Thank you Tracy." I say and she excuses herself, leaving Haz and I alone once more.
"You know, this food does look really great but there's something much better that I'd like to eat right now." He says.
Oh god he's my dream guy.
"Yeah? Maybe we should skip dinner then." I say.
"I was thinking the same thing." He smiles, standing up and lifting me effortlessly to wrap my legs around his waist and connect his lips to mine as we move towards the bedroom.