•37•

•Harrison's pov•
I dial Aurie's number, holding the phone to my ear as we drive the last few blocks before Marcus' house. It goes to voicemail and I leave her a message.
"Hey darlin' I'm about to go in so I thought I'd call. I can't wait to see you tomorrow, and I promise this will be done and over with so we can have a great life together. I'll make sure of it. I love you, bye."
I hang up the phone, and shove it into my back pocket. There's no street lights which works in our favor as we pull up around the perimeters of the house.
I pull my gun, getting out of the car. This plan has to go smoothly if it's going to work. I look over to Orion's car, seeing he's working on the security system. He types into his laptop for about ten seconds, and gives us the signal to go. We have 60 seconds before they know something is up.
I quickly run up to the back of the house, pulling open their sliding glass door that stupidly isn't locked, I didn't expect them to be this dumb. They knew I got information on them, so I thought they would be more prepared.
I walk through the room, and press my back to the wall. All the lights are out which helps us not be seen, but at the same time makes it harder to know where we are going. Good thing I memorized those blueprints.
Eli comes up next to me, and I make sure the hallway was clear before signaling for him to go down the left while I go down the right.
"Fifteen seconds." I mutter to myself, desperately making my way towards the office.
I finally get to the door, and quickly pick the lock, opening it and going inside. After shutting the door I flick on the lights and go through the desk drawers that are weirdly empty, so are the filing drawers in the room.
They definitely prepared.
One thing catches my eye, a picture of Aurie sitting on top of the desk, next to it a paper with plans.
Plans to kill her...
anger rises in me, and our time runs out. I hear yelling and gun shots. I have to work fast now.
The door opens, a man running in. I pull my gun and shoot him in the head, but another one follows in after him. I pull the man into a choke hold, my gun resting against his skull.
"You're going to tell me where Marcus is, now." I say.
"H-he's in the basement." The man chokes out.
I release my grip around his throat, and put a bullet in his head. His body falls to the ground with a loud thump.
I think quickly, trying to remember the blue prints and where the basement is.
"Left side bottom floor." I say to myself, jogging out of the office and down the steps. I pass Orion who's beating the shit out of one of Marcus' guys, and find the door to the basement.
I open the door, pointing my gun into the room as I scan it with my eyes. This doesn't look like a torture basement at all.. it's more so like a den with furniture and a roaring fireplace.
I feel a sharp pain to my head, making me fall forward on my knees.
"Agh fuck." I groan, reaching for my dropped gun but it's kicked away from me.
"I'll be taking that." The man says, taking my gun from the floor and leaving the room before I can even get up.
As I stand to my feet, I pull at the door but it's steel. I'm trapped in here.. they caught me.
"Hello mate."
I turn quickly, seeing Marcus sitting on a couch in the corner of the room with a beer in hand. "Nice of you to drop by."
"Really? Take my gun and lock me down here?" I laugh. "What do you want? To kill me?"
"Oh don't be silly, I don't want to kill you. I just want to kill my sister." He smiles, standing to his feet.
"You're sick." I spit. "She's never done anything to you."
"She has my mob, my money, my home." He shrugs. "That's the thing about me.. I'll take what's mine, and I don't care who gets in my way."
"You're not going to lay a finger on her." I warn.
"Really? Cause how I see it is, you're unarmed, locked down here with me. And I have this." He holds up a pistol, putting it on display. "I knew you'd be coming, knew you wouldn't be able to resist wanting to kill me yourself. So I planned this. I'm going to kill you, and then I'm going to kill your precious little girlfriend."
He's done it.. he outsmarted me. All of this will have been for nothing, and Aurie won't be safe..
I've failed.
"For future reference, good mob bosses always carry a second weapon." He says. "Not that.. you have a future."
And that's how he just fucked himself over.
My hand glides over my pocket, feeling the small little box Eli gave me earlier. My eyes dart over to the fire.. there's my way of blowing it up. The only problem is there's no way out. No windows, just a locked door. The thought of not getting out of here alive doesn't scare me, because either way I'm going to die.
But one of the options saves my girls life.
"I will take us both down before I let you hurt her." I say.
"Yeah? How you gonna do that?" He asks, amused.
"You're right. A good mob boss always carries a second weapon with him." I say.
"You aren't carrying another weapon, you would have used it by now." He says, trying to call my bluff.
A smile rests on my face. I picture my beautiful girls face one last time, my mums face, my sister, Tom...
This is my Atonement.
"This ends now."
I pull the small box from my pocket, holding it up for him to see.
"What is that?" He asks.
"The end."
I throw the box into the fireplace, the entire room lighting up bright red before everything goes black, and the life leaves my body.

A/N: ... this is not the last chapter guys.