Chapter 14 -- Luau

23. July 2020

***

"Cia!"

"Cia! Wake up!"

 Two faces were talking and hovering above me. By body felt a bit numb, but I was shaking for some reason. I blinked few times and realized that they were shaking me.

What's happening?

"Now you're awake! We've been waiting for you!"

I sat up, but kept my weight on my hands. We were in my cottage, and Captain was laying happily beside me.

"We haven't seen you for days! What have you been doing?"

I looked at the girl. Red hair.. Penny! And that other is Emily. What are they doing here?

"What are you talking about? What day is it?"

"It's Thursday! The Luau is held today, remember?!

"We're gonna be late if you're not getting up now"

Thursday? Didn't it just turn to Monday? Have I been out for two whole days? Wait. The Wizard. Didn't he poison me? Aren't I supposed to be dead? If I dreamed everything and the wizard and 'Junimos' are my imagination. How was I out so long?

And about the pendant. I checked it and it was still safely around my neck. The only thing that had changed was that this time, it was holding a tiny bouquet of lilys. Where did they come from?

Penny made us something to eat while Emily chose me an outfit. It was a white lose shirt that's sleeves ended on the elbows and a pair of light blue shorts. She had bought me a white airy thin jacket kind of cloth, that had blue flowers all over it.

*

We ate and headed to the beach. I found a white Lily and placed it behind my ear.

We were the last ones there.

How early do people even come here?

The place was decorated with huge leaves and wooden totems. There were four tables full of different kinds of foods around a huge wooden cauldron full of some kind of.. soup?

There's no way I'm going to eat that. I've got enough of huge cauldrons and anything that's inside it.

The girls ran to the area that's ground was made of leaves. It's probably some kind of dancing area, cause there were few speakers and people were dancing to the music's rhythm.

I'm not going there either. I absolutely suck at dancing, well, I suck at everything. But especially at dancing.

*

The trio were sitting at the piers, probably talking something pointless. Sebastian raised his head and saw me watching them. I turned my head at the second we made eye contact, but still noticed something really odd.

His expression was rather relieved than his normal expression.

And Lewis was talking to a man, who was wearing a purple suit. Who's he?

Marnie was at the cauldron, maybe she know's who that person is.

"He's the governor, he comes to visit the town once a year and Lewis tries to get on the governor's good side with this soup"

So, everyone in the town get's to bring something to the soup and the 'highlight' is when the governor comes and tries it. Sounds great, the only problem is that I have no idea what people have thrown in there.

*

"Well folks! It's time once again for the potluck ceremony!"

"I trust you all put high-quality ingredients in the pot this year. We don't want the governor to regret his visit to the valley"

"Well.. Governor? Would you do us the honor of tasting the soup?"

The governor looked pretty happy about the 'honor' and took a spoon and tasted it.

"Ah.. That's a very pleasant soup. The produce from this valley never disappoints!"

Looks like he likes it. Just wait. You could get a food poisoning from that. Lewis tried it too and said;

"Mmm.. pretty tasty. You all did very well today"

"Now.. Who else wants some soup?"

No thanks.

People went and took their plates full of the soup. How can they just go and eat that so easily? Well.. I guess they haven't gone and tried the wizard's delicious creations.

*

"Hey! Cia! We're gonna go to swim! You can come too"

Emily shouted after they had danced for about an hour. Looks like they had bought their swimsuits with them and even bought me one.

"I can come to the piers but maybe I'll pass the swimming this time"

"Okay!"

I walked to the piers, and apparently few other people had desided to go to the water too. Leah and Elliott, Maru, even the trio were playing around.

I sat down and took my shoes off. I put my feet in the water and watched others had fun. The water was kinda nice, not too warm, but not too cold.

"We're here! Are you absolutely sure you don't want to come?"

"Yeah, I'm sure"

I found a blue apple just behind my leg in the water. It wasn't a dream. If it was, how's that then there?

"Farm girl!"

Sam shouted, swimming here Sebastian and Abigail after him.

"Hey Sam"

"Abby bought a ball with her, do you wanna come to play with us?"

"Nah, I'm good here"

They went and many people quickly joined their game. It looked fun, and looks like other people thought so too.

Sam and the girls tried to get me to join few times, failing. Abigail looked pleased by my refusing on not coming in the water and kept her hand around Seb's waist. What's up with these two?

The elder people had started to use the dancing area since everyone else were in the water - except the grumpy guy. How on earth can I get him to tell me his name.

I don't think 'the Grumpy guy' is quite nice name for anyone, I'll change it when I finally get his real name.

*

A brown haired boy ran right past me and jumped into the water. Isn't He the one who danced with Haley? She usually hangs out around him, but not now. Where is she then?

Found her.

She stepped out of the few fitting rooms that were placed behind few trees. They haven't been there before so I guess they've been placed here just for today. Haley wore a pink bikini that maybe showed a bit too much and a pair of dark sunglasses.

I watched her making her way towards the piers and then turned back to the group who were now fighting over the ball.

"Move out of my way, idiot"

Haley said when she got to me, and pushed me a bit.

A bit too much.

I fell straight to the water and a sharp pain went through my head.

***