Chapter 2 -- New Home

6. August 2020

***

The town had already changed into forests and mountains. No tall buildings, no streetlights, nothing. It'll take a while to get used to this kind of view. Everyone else that had came in the bus had already left. That means I'm all alone in the middle of nowhere with a singing bus driver. When does he stop??

I had to wait another half an hour until the driver finally stopped, but unfortunately only to inform that we're arriving soon. It took only about two minutes and 16 seconds before he started again. I counted.

We stopped at a small bus stop that was surrounded by trees and fences. The driver called: "Stardew Valley, Pelican Town"

I hopped out and took my case out of the bus myself, after all that singing I want as far of the bus as possible.

"Let me help you with that"

A redheaded woman walked up to me and took the case.

"You must be Ciara, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I am"

"Great! Welcome to Stardew Valley! I'm Robin. Mayor Lewis sent me here to show you the way to your new home" She informed, shaking my hand.

"It's over here, if you'd follow me"

She took my hand and headed out of the bus area. It didn't take too long until we stopped by some kind of forest. Why did she bring me here?

"This is the Eastwood Farm"

This? Is she joking? No, she's not joking. How am I going to do anything in this mess? I barely even see the ground.

"Sure it's a bit overgrown. But with a little dedication you'll have it cleared in no time"

Yeah, sure. I at least hope so, but don't really believe it.

She continued her way through everything and behind it stood a rather small wooden cottage.

"And here's your new home"

It was really pretty house, if you don't include the hole by the door or the roof. I could decorate it some way and hide the holes and others. I'm not sure if I could fix them somehow.

A gray haired man walked out of the cottage and smiled when he noticed us.

"Ah Hello, Ciara! Remember me?"

"Oh how could I forget my own Grandpa's best friend, Lewis?"

Lewis and Grandpa were unbreakable duo when grandpa still lived in Town. Lewis had even babysitten me sometimes when grandpa had to work on the farm. He had a cute teddy bear that would play with, it was pretty fun for 6 year old.

He came and patted me few times on shoulder and said: "Well, it's not everyday that someone new moves in. It's quite a big deal really, everyone has been talking about you. The townspeople would probably appreciate it if you'd go and introduce yourself some time"

He already turned to leave, but then looked like he had remembered something and turned back.

"Oh, I almost forgot. If you have anything to sell, just place it in this box here. I'll come by during the night to collect it." He pointed at a wooden box that was placed next to the cottage.

So, that will probably help, I don't have to sell everything all by myself. But why does he have to do it during the night? I'm not going to burn alive everyone who comes to visit.

He then said his goodbyes and headed to the same direction where I had came with Robin. She left quickly after that,too. But not without recommending me to buy one of her 'upgrades' for the cottage.

I waited that both of them were out of sight and only then opened the door.

The place looked pretty cozy, nothing too much. A small kitchen, fireplace, bed and an old TV all in the same room. There was a small bathroom right next to the kitchen, and everything seemed to be pretty clean.

I noticed a yellow box in front of the TV. It looks like it's some kind of present.

I took it up and removed the blue ribbon that was tied around it. There were few packets of seeds, Parsnip seeds? At the bottom of the box was a small letter:

'Here's a little something to get you started. -Lewis'

***

Re-writed