Chapter 22 -- Waffles And Fluffy Butt

26. September 2020

***

A scream ran through the cottage as June ran out with a horror on her face. She shrew all the water bottles she had been carrying and continued her way.

"Hey, hey. What happened?" I asked, picking up a water bottles. Tree others lied further away. "I remember only asking you to get two of these, but I guess It's fine"

"T-there.. There" She came back to the crop field and also picked one bottle.

She was visibly shaken and I had to help her to get the bottle open. "What happened?"

"There's a moving apple" She gulped and took the open bottle back. The water didn't set still even for a second in her hands. 

"A moving apple?" I repeated. "Yeah, It was jumping around when I went inside. I ran and grabbed as many bottles as I could and ran out"

A moving apple. What in the wide world would that be? 

Oh, right.

"You probably saw one of the Junimos. No idea what they're doing in the cottage. They usually stay hidden" I explained, opening my own bottle and picking the other two from the ground.

"There's more of them?!" She choked.

"Yeah, about a few hundred or so" I laughed. I probably shouldn't have told her that, 'cause after she heard, I started to worry that she'd actually choke to death.

"They're not dangerous, so you don't have to worry about that. Kinda surprised that you saw them, really" I shrugged. "They don't usually show themselves to people"

She finally got the water out of her throat and continued to help me harvest all the crops I had planted at the beginning of autumn.

There were huge pumpkins in rows, a small cornfield and even few sunflowers growing in front of the cottage. They were lucky to survive from Robin's treatment, but still each stood more proud and healthy than any of the ones I ever saw in stores.

"Ciara! Look what I've got" Shane shouted excitedly as he entered to the farm. He was holding a small metal cage looking thing that had something tiny inside it.

"Who's he?" June asked as she brought another box of corns to an on growing pile. "Oh, that's Shane" I shrugged."Probably just stopped to say hey"

She nodded and went back to get more corns. I carefully got up from the ground, trying not to step on any carrots that I hadn't still picked up. Harvesting them isn't the tidiest thing to do, and noticing that I tried to pat some of the dirt away. Unsuccessfully.

"I heard that you got a chicken coop" Shane grinned as he got to the field. "Yeah! Right there, next to the old greenhouse" I pointed.

"Great. You wanna introduce these two to their new home?" Shane asked and held up the cage.

I only now noticed that something was chirping. There were two tiny baby chickens jumping around the cage.

"Oh dear Yoba!" I squealed. "For real?"

"Yeah. I promised, remember?" He laughed.

Ohh, he did, didn't he? I totally forgot. I had planned on just saving money and then buying one or two by myself. But him coming here and actually giving me two?

"Thank you so much" I said, giving him a hug. "Really"

*

"June!" I called for her from the coop. Shane had set the chicks wonder around the place and I wanted June to see them.

"Yes?" She asked when she got here. "Look, Shane what Shane brought!"

"They're so cute!" She squealed and got in the coop.

The chicks seemed to just wobble around and seemingly enjoyed laying on June's shirt. "They seem to like you"

"Hey. Would you like to name them?" I asked. 

Like, since I only thought of a name 'Nuggets' everything can go. And I think Nugget isn't really fair name for a chicken..

"Really?" She asked. "You're letting me to do that"

"Of course" I laughed. Pity that I didn't have a camera, she looked absolutely adorable.

She seemed to think for a while and then began. "This one is Fluffy Butt, and the other one is Waffles"

"Waffles?" Shane confirmed.

"What?" She asked, clearly confused. "Don't blame me, I'm hungry"

***