Chapter 27 -- Idiot

17. October 2020

***

I'm already sorry.

I'm tired, okay?

***

I couldn't think straight.

She was the one who knocked me out and then stole the pendant. I had all right to do it.

I'm not even sorry.

"Ciara, I don't think this is a good idea"

"You're the one to talk" I mumbled. Empty glasses had started piling up at the counter. I glanced at Shane's concerned look and turned back to the drink that Gus had just poured out. 

Alcohol isn't that good. It's actually horrible, but I really need something else to think. It actually helps with that, I probably should stop by more often. Everything spins so vividly I won't probably remember anything in a moment.

I feel terrible.

"Take one yourself, it's on me" I nodded at Gus, but Shane didn't look too pleased. "No. I'm taking you home"

"No, you're not" I protested. He just grabbed my upper arm and helped me to get up with a sigh. "I can walk all by myself thank you very much" I spatted. 

He immediately let go and I proudly walked to the exit without any problems. Or that would've happened if I wouldn't have straight up collapsed. "I was just practising" I glared when I noticed that Shane didn't even bother to hide his laugh.

"On the floor?" He teased. 

"Exactly"

*

"Oh look, only took you a century to wake up" Shane sneered. "Here, got you a coffee" He mentioned after literally throwing a white cup to the cottage's nightstand."That could've fallen onto me" I lectured and literally burned my tongue with the coffee. 

"It's hot!" 

"Yeah, I know" He shrugged and went back to the kitchen."You're annoying and I hope you know that!"  I screamed after him.

"You too!"

I stood up, and nope. I'm staying in bed. It's way too early to get up anyways."It's 5 pm! Get up already!"  Yep, way too early.

I somehow manage to get up and totter to the kitchen. I sat down by the dining table and Shane throws another cup of coffee at me."Could you please stop targeting me" I pleaded.

"Nope"

"Where do you even get this?" I nagged."I don't have a coffee maker"

"Yeah, sure you don't"

"I don't?" I panicked. "What happened to the coffee maker?!"

"Ohh, yeah. Sorry about that. Someone stole it" Shane admitted.

"What?!"

"No, you're just being an idiot"

Geez. Thanks..

"So, remember anything that happened yesterday?" He questioned.

"Nope"

"Not anything?"

"Nope"

"Nothing about you drinking and falling around?" He continued. "Absolutely nothing about how I had to literally drag you out of the Saloon, while you were wailing like a freaking cat that was hit by a truck"

"Naah, you're kidding"

"You were literally having a conversation with a pigeon"

"He started it!" I protested.

"A pigeon?"

"Yeah, he got lost and wanted to go home" I explained. "I had to help him. You would've done the same, wouldn't you?"

"Yeah, yeah. Absolutely" He sneered.

"You wouldn't" I glared. "I can smell your lies all the way here"

"I'm not that far anyways"

"And besides, you clearly know that I don't drink" I stated.

"Yes, and I clearly saw you get completely wasted yesterday"

"No you didn't!" I denied. "I usually hide that"

"That didn't go that well.." I mumbled. "I'm not hiding anything, I promise!"

"just tell me what happened" Shane demanded.

"I may or may not have done a little oopsie" I babbled.

"And that's what, exactly?"

"I maybe gave Abigail a small poke.." I mumbled. "With my knuckles.." 

"On her face.." I hid behind the coffee cup.

"You punched Abigail on her face?!"

"Well, I wouldn't call it a punch.." I babbled.

"I literally saw her with a blue eye!" Shane noted. "Why didn't you tell me? When the other two hear they'll kill you"

"That's kind of the problem.." I confessed. "They saw me do it"

"You're such an idiot. If I knew I would've gotten the drink!"

"I'm sorry!" I screamed.

"Oh wait" I mumbled."I wasn't supposed to be sorry"

"I didn't even get the freaking pendant back!"

***