Chapter 30 -- Pity

4. November 2020

***

I stared at his pale face and felt really confused.

I hate him. 

He's mean.

He's selfish.

Or that's what I should think.

I want to hate him, but I can't. 

He's too peaceful.

Too calm.

Maybe he isn't that bad after all.

He's caring.

Wise.

Lost.

Maybe he's just lost.

Just like me.

*

"You can't go on like this!" I tried and watched him drain another bottle empty.

I'm so sorry for Shane. I was horrible and he still helped me.

"Watch me" Sebastian mumbled. 

"It's been a whole week already" I stated and snapped the bottle out of his hands. "I don't know how much it hurts, but at least I'm here" 

"I can help" I tried.

"Where's Sam when you need him the most? What did Abigail do? Broke your heart and left you in pieces"

"I don't need your pity"

"I don't pity you, Sebastian" I denied. "I pity her"

He seemed confused and fortunately gave his whole attention to me, leaving the alcohol aside. "You've got to have some problems if breaking other's hearts heal yours"

I took the chance and got him to stand up. I had to help him walk out of the saloon, he couldn't even stand straight. Walking him to his place wouldn't probably be that of a good idea. Robin would definitely lose her mind seeing her son like this.

I simply decided to drag him to the cottage and when I finally got to the farm's entrance, he passed out.

"Well, thank you so much for your help" I mumbled. 

How on earth am I supposed to get him inside?! I'm about half of his size. Well, not really. But it definitely feels like it.

After what seemed like a lifetime, I ended up half dragging half carrying him inside. The stairs were a huge pain to get up even tho there's literally two steps up.

I ended up sitting beside the bed. Just watching him.

I'm such a creep. I should stop.

It took scaringly much to tear my gaze away from him. I hurried to the kitchen to make some coffee for him when he wakes up. Or that's at least what I used as a reason to get out of the room. 

Thank Yoba there's a wall between the two rooms. 

This is driving me insane.

I want to go back.

Never leave his side.

Stay with him.

I'm crazy. I should really stop. I stared the coffee drop down, and counted the small drops that fell down. 

Maybe I won't drown by going alone, or need anyone to survive through. But does it matter if I have someone? It's not a bad thing is it?

Okay, enough. 

I took the pan and poured it to a huge cup that had somehow appeared to the cupboard. The coffee was still hot, and it definitely be a pain to spill it on hands so I tried to be as careful as I could to keep the cup steady.

Apparently I hadn't been quick enough to get back before he wakes up. But trying to focus on a coffee and get surprised isn't a good mix. Apparently.

Pain. I repeat I'm in pain.

At least someone's having fun. Sebastian straight up bursted out laughing as I panicked with the coffee. The cup ended up falling on the floor and breaking. And I ended up getting the insides all over myself. 

I ran to the wardrobe and grab the first piece of clothing that comes to reach and then speed to the bathroom. Making even bigger mess doing so. The shirt was quickly changed and the coffee washed off. 

I dragged now myself to clean the caos, even tho how much I would've just wanted to run out and never come back. I threw the broken pieces out and went to get another cup.

When I finally came back, I saw his smug face still laughing at me.

"Had enough? Wanna taste some yourself?" I annoyingly teased, tilting the cup just so it wouldn't fall over him.

He quickly snatched the cup from me and stopped, but strangely didn't drink any of it. His gaze was fixed on my stomach. Why is he staring at my tummy? I glanced at the mirror by the corner at the room, and oh dear-

The girl in the mirror was wearing a dark purple hoodie.

The specific girl had never bought any dark purple hoodies.

She had put it in the top drawer where is supposed to be all the clothes she usually wears.

The problem:

The hoodie wasn't in a wrong drawer.

It was never meant for him to know that.

***