Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

ʚ Tʜᴇ Mᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ɞ

They made a soft thump as they sat down in the pilot's chair, the ship gliding smoothly in the vast ocean of stars. They were on a search to find the perfect prey to hunt, however, their mission came first. Recently a chvia was held on the blue planet, named 'Earth' by the natives. A few of the hardmeats managed to escape narrowly, it was their mission to rid the planet of them. Fortunately, they were close to the Earth so they took up the offer. What's wrong with getting a few more trophies?

A loud bang disturbed them from their daydreaming. They hadn't been keeping up maintenance checks as they should however it didn't matter as they were landing anyway. One sighed while the other one growled. They chatted about the glory of the hunt and that is when the differences between them became obvious, not only looks but personality as well. One was calm and collected, his violet eyes glancing to the screen and researching all he could about Earth. His cobalt skin was mottled with pale blues creating beautiful and unique tones, his dreads littered with rings of his achievements and his scars showed his hunts.

The other one was jet black with a creamy grey on his stomach, the insides of his arms and legs also shared the same colour. His eyes were like molten lava. Deep gashes that were once open wounds were now healed and acid burns permanently graced his skin. His dreads were all the way down to his waste however hindered his ability to hunt so he kept it in a top knot. Unlike his counterpart, he was rash, quick-tempered but had a knack for mischief.

You would think they were two different beings, they are. However they are stuck together for the rest of their days, they share everything together, thoughts, feelings, honour and trophies. And all the differences between them you would think they despise each other however being stuck together since the day they were both born creates an unbreakable bond.

"Zazin I'm bored, when are we getting ready for the hunt?" Bhu'ja moaned, his red eyes glanced to the article that his brother was reading.

"I'm trying to download a map of the area, we might want to change into a warmer loincloth it's cold here apparently" Zazin replied in a monotone voice "we should bring our breathing masks, we've never been here, it might set off a fit"

"Wait, didn't we take the Ooman language for our options?"

"Bhu'ja you scrolled through the list and picked randomly when I was sleeping. You tell me"

"Oh come on you know I think that stuffs stupid, stop being mad at me"
"Bhu'ja you know I wanted to pick and I would have learned everything and you could've slept"

"Oh, Zazin-"

"Don't you Zazin me. We're done talking about this" Bhu'ja huffed and glanced outside. They had landed in a forest, he could see a few Oomans in the distance "I think you forget we can read each other's thoughts, we are not hunting Oomans"

"But we've never seen Oomans can we watch them for a bit then?"

"Fine. We're going to hunt the hardmeats first, then fix whatever's wrong with the ship and we can go see the Oomans after that"

"How many hardmeats are there?"

"Two full-grown drones and a queen larva"

"A queen? I thought they stopped using queens in Chivas"

"This was a cor'ja chiva they haven't"

"Ahh I see, do you know how the chiva went?"

"It wasn't specified, you would know that if you weren't napping"