Chapter Three

- 𝓘 '𝓵𝓵 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂 𝓫𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮 -

"Don't worry it's just a rumor." He smiled brightly.

I sighed in relieved, "You got me scared there."

He laughed and stood up, "Let's meet up my friends they're just right in the corner.

"Sounds great!"

As we were walking he was leading the way as I followed him behind and honestly I was thinking he was Chan but according to his deep voice and figure he wasn't.

"Hyunjin, Seungmin!" He called out while we were nearing a basketball open space.

"They are Koreans too?" I asked surprised as he nodded.

The two guys ran towards us while waving their hands happily.

"Nice to meet you I'm Kim Seungmin"

"Hi I'm Hwang Hyunjin."

I smiled and bowed my head after all we're all Koreans, "I'm Lee Minho."

We talked and played basketball that day. Everything was fun until my mom called me.

"Minho, where are you?" My mom worriedly asked.

"I'm hanging out with my new friends."

"Already?" She asked and I could sense she was surprise "Let's have dinner with them then." Mom beamed.

"Tonight?"

"Yes, gonna hang up." She sang before ending the call. I turned around and saw my new friends watching at me.

"Mom's gonna prepare dinner for us." I smiled.

They stood up and looked away, rubbing their napes.

"Minho---"

"Ah... the house." My smile dropped before realizing they were afraid of going inside.

"We really wanted to but maybe next time?" Seungmin smiled reassuring me that they would come.

"We'll walk you to the house after all we're all neighbors." Hyunjin giggles as I nodded smiling.

When we were nearing the house the snow started to fall. We stopped our pace and opened our palms to let the snow land on it. Smiles were painted in our lips.

"Snow." I muttered under my breath and remembered Chan. I raised my head and immediately bid goodbye to them before running the few steps I need to reach home.

"Minho?" I heard my mom called from the kitchen.

I entered the room and realized that she made a lot of foods for dinner. I felt bad for my mom cooking a lot when my friends couldn't come because they were scared that's when I promised to myself to prove the rumors they believe was wrong.

"Where's your friend?" Mom raised her eyebrows and looked at my back expecting someone.

"They have other plans tonight." I lied.

"Oh," She gasped "We should've invited them beforehand."

I'm always grateful to my parents for being positive always and anyways they don't know at all the rumors about this house so they don't need to get stressed about it.

"Smells good," dad came down and stand beside mom "shall we eat already?"

I rubbed my arm before smiling faintly at them, "I'll go to my room."

Both my parents exchanged worried looks before nodding at me and as I walk away I could feel their eyes on me. I flopped to my bed and stared blankly through the window where I could see the snow falling.

I woke up again in the middle of the night. I immediately went down when I heard the guitar playing. A smile creeped on my lips when I saw Bang Chan. He raised his head and I immediately took off the smile on my lips.

"Hi." I faintly muttered.

He patted the couch beside him as I gladly sat beside him. Crazy to think that I feel comfortably already when I'm with him even though I couldn't see properly his features, thinking of it should I ask him that I'll turn on the lights?

"Hey."

"Huh?" I snapped out from my thoughts and stared at his sparkling eyes.

"You're spacing out."

"Oh...yeah," I looked away and took courage to ask him "Can I turn on the lights?"

Silence.

"Chaniee..." I called out he's not moving at all.

"Chaniee?" he asked surprised.

"I-- your spacing out." I stuttered again tonight and I sighed loudly mentally and curse this burning cheeks of mine.

"It's cute." He smiled.

"Now, don't change the subject Mr. Bang-"

"Oh, so you're now calling me from Chaniee to Mr. Bang?" Even we're in the shadow I could see that he was freaking smirking and I don't know what does that mean but I got silent.

He laid his back on the throw pillows and relaxed while I was sitting cross-legged, staring at his moves. Should I be friends with this guy? We barely know each other but I treated him like a friend already. Should I trust him because I already did when I told him that I trust him and I trust his words?

"Is there a reason why you come here every middle of the night?" I asked and stared at him while his eyes were closed.

"I always come here when everything inside the house is in chaos especially the people." He muttered as an 'oh' formed into my mouth.

"How can you enter?" I stated before he shut his eyes open.

"The window, Minho." He said and pointed his finger towards the window that was widely open.

"Obviously." I muttered under my breath as I felt embarrassment washed over me.

I screeched when he suddenly pulled me as I landed on his hard chest I tried to pull away but his arms were too strong wrapped around my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I panicked as I kept on trying to pull away.

"I just wanted to have someone by my side." He muttered as I finally gave up because of his words. I rested my head on his hard chest as I felt a little uncomfortable in our position.

By the time he said those words I know he mean it. I felt that there was a deeper meaning on what he said as if he wants someone to believe him and someone who he could rely on.

I felt a pang on my chest when I saw another bruises in his arms. I unconsciously reached for it and traced it with my fingers.

"Who's hurting you?" I blurted out.

"It's nothing." He stated as he sounded annoyed not wanting to answer the question at all.

Maybe soon he will open up, we're not that even close yet.

"I'll stay by your side." I stated before finding myself wrapping my arms around his torso and melt under his arms.