Chapter Nine

- 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 -

I ran away. Away from home because I needed time for myself at this moment. I messed up. I overreacted, my mom was only inviting me for dinner but I did what I wasn't supposed to do.

My mind was too clouded about everything I really am scared of and that made me angry because I was afraid to lose Chan and here's comes the past problems I've been bottling up inside me.

Chan was a ghost and nothing could change it already and I will honestly say that I already like him not just being friends but more than that.

I felt hurt. I felt broken. My whole world has been shattered.

I sighed as I closed my eyes. Tears threatening to fall again and my throat was already hurting so bad from preventing myself to cry. I balled up my fist that was rested on my knees while I was helpelessly sitting on the swing.

At the corner of my eyes there was someone who sat down at the other swing beside me. He started to swing it slowly.

The park inside the subdivision was covered a lot with snows. The playground area where I am right now was dead silent for the moon was already high up above the sky.

He started to hum. My heart suddenly ached when I remembered the song he's humming.The memories were coming back inside my mind.

And finally I break down.

My shoulders went up and down while I sobbed as I continously wiped the tears off my face. Chan stood up and went to my back and held the handles of the swing.

"I'm sorry," he paused and continued "for lying to you from the beginning."

I stayed crying.

"You're just overthinking about everything right now, okay?" He paused and kissed the top of my head. "Everything will be fine."

"How can I be fine when I shouted to my parents?" I managed to say to him while looking down at the ground covered with snows then I looked sideways so I can see him atleast at the corner of my eyes, "How can I be fine when I liked someone who's not actually right here."

He sighed, "So you did have feelings for me." He walked around and kneeled down in front of me to level our faces. I didn't stare at him but only to his shoes.
"I already told you-"

"But it was too late!" I retorted.

"Minho, convince yourself that I'm already dead and you can't like me because I can't be with you forever!"

And seriously I really look awful right now from crying until now. The word dead made myself more awfully depressed.

"I will be honest with you. I was really thankful because you were the one who free me from being locked up inside that dark fireplace." Chan paused and waited for my reaction which was being surprised. That's why the fireplace was bricked up.

"I really wanted to tell you that I'm already dead but I didn't want you to freak out so I wanted to be your friend first before telling you but through the process of our friendship I started to like you..."

"But being together is not okay because I'm dead and you're alive. That's why I warned you not to fall for me after you kissed me suddenly..."

Chan stood up and reached out his hand towards me. I took his hand and pulled me up. I already stopped crying because of listening to him.

We were standing, facing each other he grabbed my hands and tightly held it,

"because I don't want to hurt you."

He shook my hands to get my attention from staring at the floor, I stared at him but seconds later I look back down.

"Hey, look at me..." He said and raised my chin "Can you help me?"

I nodded my head and I was still silent.

"Can you help me find justice of my death?"

My eyes started to well up again. How can I do that? How am I supposed to do that?! I'm still hurt because of the fact that he's dead and now he wants me to find out how he died? It'll be too much for me to take but at the end I nodded my head.

"Thank you." Chan smiled and hugged me.

A/N:
Ready your tissues for the next chapter folks! I cried while writing it.