Chapter Eleven

- 𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓮 -

9:00 pm.

It was a silent dinner. The mother was looking at her children with no expression at all. She had an eye bags and she was eating slowly.

"Give me that!" The little girl shouted when her little brother took her viand.

"It's already mine." Her little brother cried.

"No!" The little girl retorted and fought to get her food back.

"Quiet!" The father slapped his hand on the table and sent daggers through his eyes to the two kids. The kids immediately went silent.

"Here," Chan muttered and sliced his beef steak in to half and gave it to his younger siblings. "don't fight about foods."

The two immediately smiled widely and thanked their eighteen years old brother.

-

After awhile, the mother took the younger ones to their room after they played around in the living room.

The kids started to cry because they still don't want to sleep and their mother's patience has lost it.

"You don't want to sleep?!" The mother shouted and took a belt and started to hit the little kids.

They cried and cried helplessly.

Chan was feeling bad about his younger siblings but he still stayed for awhile in his room.

"Aish, it's so noisy!" The father came upstairs stomping along his way and entered the room.

The noise was gone.

Chan immediately stood up and went to his younger siblings to check and sleep beside them.

He stopped his pace when he realized his parents was still there. He slowly creeped and peaked through the small space of the slightly opened door.

"Their dead." Her mother whispered and stared at the two lifeless kids on the bed.

Chan's eyes widen and stared at his younger siblings with dark bruises around their necks and body.

"Let's bury them at the backyard and never tell Chan about this." his father muttered silently.

Chan was terrified at the moment and stayed silent before turning around and walked with weak knees to his room.

Little did he know his father saw him through the mirror.

-

"My son is gone!" the mother cried outside their house and held her hair. "Where is my son?!"

the father stared at her through their glass window before closing the curtain and continued putting bricks on the huge fireplace.

"Father doesn't want to get in jail because of his useless children." he muttered under his breath before placing the last piece and wiped off his sweat.

Later on, the mother went in.

"Honey, we should call the police and tell them about our son is lost." She cried.

"The police will later find out about the kids we buried at the backyard." the father stated and placed a cigarette in his mouth.

the mother fidgeted her fingers and looked unsettled as she started to panic.

"Honey, get a grip I killed Chan can't you remember?" the father held the mother's arms and shook her.

"I don't want to remember everything, honey." she cried. "I'm going crazy!"

"I'll make sure we won't get in prison." The father pushed the mother and dialed the police.

When the police arrived the lies started. They lied about everything and they were good at it. They were not suspicious at all until the case closed.

They went away far from NSW.

Three years has already passed and their life became worse than ever. The parents became more addicted to drugs.

and the mother has gone crazy about the things they have done before and got mentally ill for it.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Minho woke up with puffy eyes after the what happened yesterday.

His parents didn't go to work and made sure to give time to their son after their little misunderstood last night.

Minho immediately went to the bathroom and took a hot shower to relieve somehow his puffy and swollen eyes. He stayed there for hours before he finally came out.

He went down to the dining to be greeted with his parents. He looked down and went to his seat.

His mother placed the side dishes closer to him.

"Thanks." He merely muttered before eating silently.

"Eomma and Appa is sorry." His mother reached out for his hand and caressed it.

"I'm the one who's sorry, Mom and Dad." He smiled faintly.

"What do you want us to do?" Her mother smiled sweetly.

The thought of it made Minho thought about what Chan asked for him last night. It'll be more safe to do it with his parents so they would also know about everything.

"I can see ghosts." He revealed.

His parents exchanged glances and smiled towards him.

"Yeah, about that," His father shifted in his seat and faced his son properly "Seungmin told us yesterday."

"He did?" Minho muttered.

"We all followed you to the playground and we were about to run to you but your friends stopped us and told us everything as we watched you from a far."

"Can you see him?" Minho asked.

"I'm sorry but we can't, darling." Her mother smiled sympathetically.

"He's Chan." Minho uttered. "His family owned the house and as what he said to me his family was a mess. His parents were drug users and... one day they just killed them because they were high."

Minho's parents furrowed their brows while listening to his story.

"His younger siblings were buried at the backyards while he was hidden in the fireplace." Minho's voice was shaking.

He was scared to find out but it's for the love he has for Chan.

Later on, they've contacted licensed personnel to investigate and search for the remains of the victims.

They were able to find the parents the next day and they were already in prison while the mother can still go out for medication for her mental health but she's being guarded with the police.

They held a proper funeral for the three and everything was finally over.

"I finally found you." Minho whispered shakily as he watched the small coffin with the remains of Chan being buried after his younger siblings.

-The end-