Season 2: Chapter Nineteen

Changbin burped on their way out from the local restaurant.

"See you later, Changbin." Minho muttered before they seperate their ways.

Minho arrived and in his workplace and started to work with his assigned works.

He was so engrossed at his work that he didn't even take rest for a minute. He kept reading the papers and type it in the computer and pass it to the company.

But this job is temporary, he'll be back in Australia and achieve his dream there.

"Goodbye, everyone."

Minho snapped his head towards his co-worker, he checked the time and it was already five in the afternoon but he'll be staying until nine just to finish half of his work.

Few minutes passed by he was alone again.

knock... knock...

He slowly raised his head and met Chan's gaze.

"You forgot about the dinner." Chan muttered leaming his side beside the wall.

"Oh, sorry I was busy." Minho stated.

Chan walked and went closer to Minho and watched his work.

"Woah, you have a lot of works." Chan uttered amazed when he noticed that Minho was already done half of it.

Minho sighed, "I wonder why am I the only one given with tons of works."

"Maybe there's a grant that will be granted for you." Chan replied.

"Grant." Minho stated again.

Chan hummed, "Are you hungry already?"

Minho thought for awhile, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Why are you inviting me for dinner?" Minho questioned.

"Erh... Cause I want to make friends with you..?"

"Is that a question or an answer?" Minho questioned as he felt irritated.

Chan laughed, "Both. I raised my voice at the end because it's another way around to tell you and ask you to be my friend."

Minho inhaled deeply to stop himself from smiling at this guy who's so straightforward.

"But I just met you few days ago and we barely talk, how can I trust you?" Minho started, trying to challenge Chan.

"If you're going with me right now for a dinner, I'll be able to show you my sincerity."

Minho smiled approving at his answer, "So you mean you're not sincere now?"

Chan laughed whinely and shook his head, "We should go now, I'm so hungry!" he whined.

Minho laughed at the man's attitude. They barely know each other but they really felt they are good friends for over years.

"I trust you so please don't hurt me." Minho stated before standing up and cleaned his table.

Minho froze when he remembered- It was very cold at that night and he couldn't bare the coldness, he sat up on his bed and realized his window was open then he heard an acoustic guitar being strummed, it was relaxing but he got alarmed when he remembered his family doesn't own any guitar.

It was so funny and stupid of him to use the pillow as a weapon incase it was a bad guy but turns out that it was the love of his life-

"What did you say?" Chan asked.

Minho snapped his head towards Chan and they looked at each other for a moment.

Minho was looking for something in Chan's eyes, he was looking for an answer that he is Chan he met when five years ago and he-

"Nevermind, You can trust me." Chan shrugged his question earlier and smiled.

"Oh," Minho mumbled feeling disappointed.

•••

"Where do you want to go?" Chan questioned.

"Anywhere will be good." Minho answered as they were walking on the sidewalk.

They were few people walking in both direction but overall the night was peaceful in the city.

"I'm not really good at choosing restaurants-"

"I don't have appetite to eat a lot should we go for a sandwhich?" Minho cut him off.

"Sure, if that's what you want." Chan answered, "Subway will be good, yeah?"

Minho hummed and nodded his head.

They stopped on their tracks and went to the pedestrian lane waiting for the signal for them to cross the road.

It was their time to cross the road and people were starting to cross, Minho was so distracted at the screen from a building that he didn't notice.

Chan smiled at Minho who looks innocently lost before he took his wrist and pulling him for them to cross the road.

Minho got startled at Chan's action but something caught his attention that he immediately didn't kind Chan's action.

Lady in red. He thought as he watched the lady in red watching them while smiling.

When they finally arrived across the road Minho looked for the lady in red but due to the crowd he lost her.

"What's wrong?" Chan asked as he followed Minho's gaze.

"It's nothing." Minho chuckled and gestured Chan to lead the way.

They entered the Subway store and Chan was the one to order after asking what Minho wanted.

Chan came back to their seats and placed the tray with their food.

"Thank you for treating me." Minho thanked the man before he ate his sandwhich.

"As I said earlier I'm making friends with you and I'm gonna ask-"

"But why do I feel I'm being interrogated?" Minho joked.

"That's not-" Chan sighed smiling.

"Go ahead, you can ask me anything." Minho chuckled.

A/N: 11/30/20
i'll be making the word count short so it won't be tiring to read😆

kinda edit it when I realized something.