21 | 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣

☠︎︎

Starley's POV

/ edited /

"Where are we going?" I asked skeptically while he held my hand tightly and led me through the underground base of the big mansion.

"We need to see Dr Sabrina. She'll keep us up to date about the babies." He said with a smile, making me nod at him in understanding before following him quietly.

A few workers greeted Davien with a nice 'good morning' or a 'welcome back boss' while he simply nodded at them. Some of them even flashed me a smile and I gave them one back.

They seem nice.

I took this chance to look at the mansion properly, as I didn't have the chance to tour it. I was way too busy cuddling Davien yesterday, and he forbid me from leaving him alone.

Let's just say this whole mansion looks richer than The Avengers Headquarters and all of it's buildings combined.

Perks of being the most feared man in the whole country huh.

This whole place was massive as fuck, the walls were covered in endless rich paintings and the floors was as clear as crystals and marbles. This building was adorned with chandeliers and way too many air conditioners, that even on the hottest day in the world I would freeze in here, and everything was clean to the brim. No dust particles, no grey dirt, and no webs.

How the heck do they keep everything clean? It would take me years to even clean my damn room!

"Where are Belle and Aria?" I asked softly, breaking the peaceful silence between us for a moment.

"They both are at the warehouse with the guys. After meeting with the doctor, you can come with me for work." He said while pulling me closer.

"No one got hurt yesterday, right?" I mumbled hesitantly.

"Don't worry princess, it takes more than a surprise attack and a few hundred men for taking down just one man working for me. They are all trained professionally under my protection, everyone knows what they are doing. My people are better than any fighter certified to the public, you have nothing to worry about." He assured.

"But who is this person who's trying to kill us? Is it.."

"You remember when we talked about someone named Carter?" He said with a cold expression.

"Ah yes. The mad man." I laughed.

"Surely you would've heard about a person named The Cutter." He spat.

Geez, the name sounds brutal.

"Of course, he's like the unleashed serial killer going around town and killing people by cutting their heads off before gifting the skulls to the police." I said, thanks to watching the news regularly, before wincing at the thought of his works that showcased on the TV almost everyday.

"The first time I met you, at night in that alleyway, those men who were trying to hurt you were his men. They had killed one amazing member of the criminal world." He said coldly.